promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Every day discharge...do other women suffer too?

I am a young girl who suffers badly with daily discharge, i always have to wear small pantyliner and im always insecure......especially when im seeing my boyfriend, ive been to the doctors and they have done test saying its normal. anybody suffer with this too?

i was wondering whether im alone with this problem,

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

This is perfectly normal. The purpose of the mucous is to keep the vagina clean through discharge and to help the penis slide in and help the sperm swim up. I thought I was having unnatural amounts of discharge when I was younger too but it's either gotten a little lighter as I've gotten older or my birth control is drying me out more than I thought. You will have discharge until you go through menopause.

This is only unnatural if the discharge is yellow or green like pus and smells bad (like nasty, not musky)-- that indicates a yeast infection.

If you're sexually active with your boyfriend, you shouldn't be embarrassed about it because there's nothing worse than vaginal dryness during sex (think sandpaper). He probably isn't even aware of it and it's making things more comfortable for you in the long run. If you still aren't happy with that, just wash up in the shower before you go see him and that will take clear mess from your entrance (washing gently before and after sex can also reduce your risk of urinary tract infection).

And if you're sexually active with your boyfriend, always remember to use protection!

Source(s): 23 years old-- shared the same insecurities as a teen
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Discharge is normal. It;s good for your body and means your healthy. I read an article on this one 17 year old who was worried about hers. She said that eevery timeshe was with her boyfriend she would have bad discharge to the point where it looked like she had ppeedherself. There is no certain amount of discharge for a normal female. Just remember, everyone's body works differently (:

hope i helped!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hello,

It is normal to have daily vaginal discharge. It is good that you have this checked by your doctors also. Do not feel insecure about this. What is abnormal is when the discharge changes and there is associated vaginal odor. Take care .

Source(s): This link may be helpful: http://www.askdoctorforfree.com/ind_b_all.php?sect...
  • Does it smell like urine and sweat?

I have had discharge a little before I started my period when I was 15

But it started getting more smelly after I started having sex, all types of test were ran. I am clean, it's just natural, I was told.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

All girls and women have daily discharge. It's totally normal!

The only reason you should be concerned is if it changes significantly in amount, or in color/odor.

So nope, you aren't alone at all. Stinks, doesn't it?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is absolutely normal, so do not worry. However, if the discharge is very heavy or if it changes its color (yellowish) you must consult a doctor.

• 1 decade ago

I do to. I'm 13 and have that problem. I hate it. And when I'm near my period I never know if it's discharge or my period. It's terrible and an everyday problem for me to.

• Jenny
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

on and off worse sometimes than others.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yep

• 1 decade ago

you're not alone, i do too

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.