Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

What's your opinion of the state of Iowa?

Best Answer

It's a progressive state that cares about human rights.

In Iowa,

-gays can marry

-it is illegal for a private employer to fire someone for getting a sex change

-it is illegal for a private employer to fire someone for being gay

-violence against gays was considered a hate crime long before it became federal law

edit: Argyle: Iowa voted GOP in 04, and voted Dem in 08.

I have never actually been to Iowa but I have met people from Iowa. My opinion is that there is something in the water that makes the people less intelligent. I even had a GT friend (gifted and talented program) who moved to Iowa in 7th grade and after a year or two was *significantly* less intelligent. It also seems even more "methy" than the rest of the Meth Belt. I have gleaned all this from the Iowans I have met elsewhere representing their state. It could be lovely; perhaps they just deported all these jokers. I dislike the accent as well.

I was born, raised and educated in Iowa. It is a great state and has contributed much to our country. While no state is perfect, Iowa is filled with good people who care for their neighbors. The education syhstem there has consistently ranked very high. To discrace an entire state and its citizens is simply a show of uneducated idiocy and stupidity. I think it very dumb to have any negative words about a place you have never visited and I would imagine you could not even find it on a map.

While I no longer live there, I am very glad to have been raised there by honest, hard working people. I lived in Los Angeles and Phoenix for many years and found the majority of people there to be extremely self-centered, money driven, and ignorant. I now live in Hawaii (the Big Island) where kindness and consideration of others is still practiced. Thank God!

• grob

Iowa rocks. Particularly Iowa City.

There is a state called Iowa!!! What exactly would you like to know. It seems like a fine place to visit but I don't want to live there.

When I lived in South Dakota, we had a joke.

You know what Iowa stands for?

Idiots out walking around.

• I find the state of Iowa to be rather shallow and pedantic.

They got it wrong in 2008 and 2004.

Lois - I know that the stupid turds in Iowa voted for Bush (who was a moron) and then they voted for Obama (who is an even bigger moron) .... get it :)

Source(s): Voted for Bush in 00, learned my lesson voted for Kerry in 04, saw Obama as the rampant socialist he is and voted McCain in 08 :)

My sister is living there right now. It's very flat and a lot of Dutch people.

boring state but at least it beats out the dakotas