Q#8: Explain why Jesus has never appeared to you? (Want Christians + Atheists comments)?

Questions based on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd1NDvqnnZ8

Youtube thumbnail

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTES TO ATHEISTS BEFORE YOU READ THE QUESTIONS:

-If you plan to make statements about God and the Bible, you should know your Bible. Many of your questions are irrefutably answered already in scripture. The rest can be proven with archeology and science. Do you really think all these Christians aren't asking the same questions you're thinking? Many want to know the answer too to see if they aren't following a myth.

-Don't accuse the Bible to be full of error if you haven't even read through the Bible and analyzed it chapter by chapter and verse by verse and cross reference verses and use a concordance to get the meaning of the original text (translations to English create confusing uses of words that have a slightly different meaning in the original text).

-Don't base the Christian "religion" on those who practice it wrongly. There are strict guidelines in the Bible to detect a true believer. Some of the no-no's from God is vain repetition (rituals), pride (stubbornness), hypocrites (making own rules), and lukewarm christians (an atheist knows more than them). If you don't know the deeper parts of what it means to be a true christian (which takes years of study), you will be speaking out of ignorance.

-If you don't know the plan of salvation and the origin of sin, many Bible phrases will be confusing. (If you say an airplane can't actually stay in the air and you never read about aerodynamics, you will make foolish assumptions).

-By saying there is no God and the Bible is flawed, you are saying an absolute statement that you know everything. Even God tells Christians to "study to show yourselves approved so you can answer any questions" II Timothy 2:15.

-It doesn't matter what you think or say, and it doesn't matter what scientific test you use, a person can and has experienced a spiritual force from God that makes God real to even the most atheistic person. The holy spirit "is like the wind" (John 3:8) and can't be put in a box to test. (If you haven't experienced this, or at least read testimonies or witness someone being filled with the holy spirit, then you are discredited from saying it doesn't exist or it is not real). Just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Who do you think you are? You can't know or understand everything.

-Atheists are masters of rationalization. The definition of rationalize is "The attempt to explain or justify (one's own or another's behavior or attitude) with logical, plausible reasons, even if these are inconclusive, perfunctory, not true or not appropriate".

-Proverbs 26:12 says, "Do you see a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him". Christians go by the Bible, which is infallible and tested by time and centuries of scrutiny, you go by sketchy science, theories, incomplete information, flawed logic and personal feelings. May the best side win.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 QUESTIONS EVERY CHRISTIAN SHOULD ANSWER: NOW ANSWERED

Question # 8. How do we explain the fact that Jesus has never appeared to you?

-Explain to me why you have never seen the wind. You can see the affects of the wind but you can never see the wind, "The wind blows wherever it pleases....So it is with everyone born of the Spirit (John 3:8)". Admit you don't know everything, especially about the spirit realm.

-Things felt are more powerful and lasting than things seen. The Holy spirit is far more beneficial than seeing Jesus. Besides, it only needs to happen one, and then written down. It has the same impact as the original. (Try asking Steven King to speak his story to you; he'll say buy the book).

-Jesus has appeared to many throughout history. That is well recorded. There are people alive now that can testify they have seen Him fully. Besides, God is spirit, He only came in the flesh once.

-What's with this question? I thought you said God doesn't exist? Why do you care if you don't even believe His word, the Bible? If you can't get past what He said, how can you expect Him to visit you?

-When he chooses to appear, He only appears to the humble and the spirit filled person. There's no point in Him appearing to someone who doesn't really want to see Him. Besides, why should He if He wrote down everything He needs to say in the Bible?

-Just because you have never seen Him doesn't guaranty He doesn't exist. He appears under special circumstances. (Try asking the Queen to meet you in one hour. You would have to meet under a schedule, and then she still won't unless you are of some kind of importance or royalty. So it is with God).

-If you can't accept the messenger (the Bible as God's word), why should you speak to the Master?

Yahoo Answers has

Posting Next Answer as Q#9: Why would Jesus want you to eat his body and drink his blood?

Favorite Answer

1.) I don't have a problem with admitting that I don't know everything. The only reservation I have is saying that "God" is responsible for everything that I don't know about.

And not because I do not believe in God, but because it has been proved so often before that the things - INCLUDING THE WIND - that people have attributed to God have in fact been proved to be of an entirely different origin.

2.) No, it needs to be recorded on via a more believable medium (such as a photograph or a video), because anyone can WRITE anything. I can record in my journal that I was whisked away to the moon last night, and give a very believable (or perhaps not so believable) description of what I saw there, but unless I have pictures of me smiling for the camera with a lunar crater as the backdrop, it's not going to be very credible.

3.) Are the people who have seen Jesus today lying? That is not for me to say; while I may not believe it, if they do, well ...

But if they want me to believe it, then they need to have better proof than their say-so.

4.) I get it now. Only if I believe will I see.

That is a definition of insanity - seeing things that you BELIEVE to exist. Or, to put that another way, seeing things as you believe them TO exist.

One might look at David Copperfield as God. Another might see him as merely a man - albeit one who knows some things that maybe we don't - who is very clever at pulling the wool over our eyes, and making things appear to be something other than what they are.

5.) If a thing is, then it ALWAYS is.

6.) I'll ask it again: Do you believe in unicorns and leprechauns? Can you say for a certainty that they do not exist, just because you have never seen them?

On the other hand: I've seen the queen - maybe not in person, but I HAVE seen her.

And try asking ANYONE to meet you in an hour. Unless you are of importance to that person, or can otherwise provide value for that person, then you stand the same chance of that person meeting with you as you do the queen.

7.) The messenger I CAN accept. The message, on the other hand, requires a little bit more than just the messenger's say-so before I accept that.

For example: Someone comes to you and tells you that the President of the United States ordered you to shoot out your neighbor's house because he is a known terrorist - a neighbor who, I might add, you already don't like, and who is also a Muslim. The messenger appears sane and rational to you - you may even know him personally.

So because you have no problem with the messenger, do you accept the message? Or do you demand that someone with more authority - maybe even the president himself - give you this message in person first?

"Explain to me why you have never seen the wind. You can see the affects of the wind but you can never see the wind"

How does this relate to Jesus?

"Things felt are more powerful and lasting than things seen"

Excuse: you don't really need to see after all.

"Jesus has appeared to many throughout history. That is well recorded."

Add some lies...

"What's with this question"

attack the question... (you do this every time by the way, it is a very poor way of answering)

"When he chooses to appear, He only appears to the humble and the spirit filled person"

...because they need convincing?

"Just because you have never seen Him doesn't guaranty He doesn't exist."

Same for leprechauns.

"He appears under special circumstances"

Like Phil the gopher?

"-If you can't accept the messenger (the Bible as God's word), why should you speak to the Master"

That doesn't even make sense.

Because he doesn't exist. If he does, bring him to me. I don't go for people who hide behind metaphorical descriptions and who pretend they are making literal observations. Stop conflating the two!

UNFORTUNATELY, Christianity has brainwashed so many people into believing that so called "good works" have no meaning without that loyalty pledge. They also feel that emulating Jesus without actually believing in him is pointless. The terms for this way of thinking are unprincipled and dogmatic. Before you get your knickers in a twist, I'm not talking about salvation at all.

Jesus has appeared to many people who have made completely contradictory claims based on that appearance. Do you know that Jesus appeared to Mormon leaders at various times and people who were in the area reported seeing an intense white light coming from the room where the leaders where gathered? Do you know that the leaders of various cults claim to have based their missions on visions of Jesus?

How can anyone think of visions of Jesus as being anything other than self-serving imagination when faced with the wide variety of content within those supposed visions?

Your question is very simple.

1. He doesn't want to, but He appeared to some others.

2. It is not yet time for Him to appear to you. but every one will see Him during the last judgement

3. It is not the plan of God that Jesus should appear to every one in this time but He had sent messengers, evangelists, preachers, and teachers that you may hear the words of God.

Since Jesus and God are one and the same. It is not place to know what He wants to do when He wants to do it. If He wants to appear to me he can, I will consider it a blessing. The Bible gives several points in explaining why we don't have Jesus appearing to us.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

(Isaiah 55:8-9)

Jesus said to him, "Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

(John 20:29)

And when he had said these things, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight. And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white robes, and said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven."

(Acts 1:9-11)

Conclusion: God won't contradict what was said in His word.

• "There are people alive now that can testify they have seen Him fully. Besides, God is spirit, He only came in the flesh once."

So did he only come in the flesh once? Or many times? If there's people alive now that can say they saw him, how is it you say he only came once?

Do you actually READ what you post? Seriously?

On the contrary....I think if I saw a 2000 year old Jewish guy with impaled hands, feet, and chest cavity, I would be VERY inclined to change my opinion. So would anyone else. Feelings are unreliable. Talking corpses tend to turn heads.

Again, you've created a mind-numbing rant that evaded the question with the same skill that someone with muscular dystrophy evades a right hook.

It all comes down to: why do you care? Why do you bother? and You don't deserve to see him.

Nope for me

.

Keep it simple

.

Hey Lord help keep me from screwing up today

.

Tells it all

.

Kind of think the Duo like to hear the simple ones once and a while

.

Not a book of a prayer

.

He's appeared many times to me.

The latest was that Mel Gibson movie where they beat the hell out of him.

I've also had Moses appear to me in the form of Charton Heston.

Luke Skywalker is way cooler though.