Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 1 decade ago

I want to buy my husband a drill for Valetines, what is a good brand?

I want to buy my husband a drill for Valetines, what is a good brand? just to use in the house?

Update:

I want to spend about $60-$100

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Bill Z
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

you can't go wrong with a dewalt. 12v or 18 is good for home use. he will be happy with either, but get the 18v.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Jaimee
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Milwaukee, Rigid, Bosch are about the top quality in power tools. In battery units you can add Makita, Ryobi, and as you drop down in quality, DeWalt, Panasonic and then just about any other brand. If you choose a battery operated unit, a set with a drill, saw and spare battery can run about $200. 18 volt system is all that is needed for home use. Several assortments of drill bits can be purchased as sets. The type of material worked will determine what type of bits you need. For wood a set of auger bits is best, for metal and general use, a set of twist drills is better. Small twist drills are basically disposable. If wood working a set of auger bits make the job much easier, try Rockler Woodworking, a great top quality source. Check their web page for ideas. Hope this helps.

• jdq240
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Makita, the lithium batter charges a lot faster, and keeps its charge a lot longer. Either that or Milwaukee.. both good brands. But just the sight of a new drill, nothing less than a black and decker, and we are happy...

• 1 decade ago

I would get him a dewault, bosch, makita, hitachi or milwaukee depending on which one you find cheapest. Also rigid, home depot's brand, is a decent enough drill for most homeowners If you get him one of those little cheap ones like sears, black and decker, anything from harbor frieght,he will be disappointed.

Source(s): I have used them all.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Catt
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Depends on what you want to spend really. For home use, most men are happy with Sears.

• 1 decade ago

my mom's 63 years old and she uses her dewalt around the house. Black& Decker aren't very dependable, even for around the house.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

craftsman-SEARS, or ryobi-Home Depot

• 1 decade ago

black and decker they have lifetime warranties

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.