Buying an Omega watch - 20pts!

I am planning to buy an Omega watch, either a Speedmaster or Seamaster. Currently wearing a Rolex Submariner so don't want anything that looks too similar... I also want one that has a better resell value. Oh and also I am not after any special editions.

All suggestions welcome but please answer with your own knowledge / experience, and please, don't just copy and paste the whole history of Omega from Wikipedia!

Thank you very much in advance! ;)

Thanks mlmorpyramid thats really helpful!

I am interested in this one do you know how much it is in HK off your head?

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/product.asp?cid=&pid=1...

20-40% off? u mean a brand new one from an official retailer? if so thats really amazing!

still struggling to decide what to get! =P

hehe am not too good at haggling but for 10% its worth a try!! thanks again.

Rating
  • John
    Favorite Answer

If you care about resale value, Speedmaster may hold the value better than Seamaster as more people put Speedmaster as the "entry level luxury watch" on their wish list

If I were wearing a Submariner and want something different, I will lean toward the Speedmaster as most if not all Speedmaster is Chrono. Most Seamasters have a rotating bezel just like the Submariners. I like watches with more "functions" (personally I have a color-face Speedmaster which is the first "luxury watch" I bought since I started working and got it as a gift for myself more than 10 years ago), so I will pick the Speedmaster's Chrono design over the Seamaster.

But the Seamaster NZL-32 Chrono sure looks nice. I will put it on my wish list also behind two Grand Seikos and the IWC Top Gun double chrono :)

2010-02-22 22:46:27 補充:

This is the one with co-axial. I believe the list price is at mid-40 HK$, but you can easily get 20% if not 40% off of it.

2010-02-23 00:07:42 補充:

Yes. The hardest to get is Rolex and Panerai, which is around 8%. Grand Seiko is 15% AT LEAST. Cartier between 10~15%. IWC around 22% at most. Don't be a mainland-Chinese and pay list-price for a watch at authorized dealer in Hong Kong!