truck won't start. i've replaced the tps, crankshaft sensor. has fuel press. what is up?

it used to start up then sputter and die. had a guy do a diagnostic check on it and came up with tps and some other codes for alternator. since then it won't even turn over. i checked plugs put in a new fuel filter. i'm tired of throwing money at it and nothing helps. i don't know what else it could be.

it is a 2002 chevy silverado 2500 hd.

the truck doesn't have a distributor. where is the cam sensor located. it's not the crankshaft sensor right? that was behind the starter.

Favorite Answer

Let me guess. GM truck? Test the cam sensor. Its located in the distributor housing. I am guessing cause you give no indication of make/model/year/engine.

I replied to your private message but must not have got it yet. The cam sensor is located directly above the crank pully. It uses a hall effect with the magnet located on the cam.

tps is throttle positioning sensor check your cam senor and check your coils if that checks out check your timing it may have jumped time just go down the list if the timing off it will drag when your starting it and it will back fire if all that checks out check and make sure you have the right fuel pressure it wont crank if you don't