Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsCricket · 10 years ago

Cricket can become Olympic sport now, gets IOC approval. Will it make cricket more global?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/...

Well..... New Delhi is expected to bid for Olympic in 2020. So we may see Cricket to make Olympic debut in India.

Cheers :)

• Best Answer

Yes Good thinking

I think yes it would make cricket more global by far and now I think teams like Brazil & Argentina would also participate in it

I dont think it is a good idea to make cricket an olympic sport as it would be practically impossible to host matches in such a cramped schedule like the olympics.Also there are other issues that needs to be considered before having it in olympics which makes cricket not much of an olympic friendly game

I dont know how baseball was in the olympics but doesnt mean cricket should be

Maybe. I love cricket. I watch many sports but cricket is the only one I get out and play. No matter how much I love it I believe the Olympics should go back to sports that need it. Cricket, Tennis, Soccer, Basketball, etc, they will never hold an Olympic gold medal to be the pinnacle of their sport. A world cup for Soccer/Cricket, Grand Slam for tennis, NBA championship for basketball are all far more important within their respective sports than an Olympic medal. Sports like gymnastics, weightlifting, track & field, and many more may have international competition but nothing comes close to the Olympics for them as the ultimate contest. <Rant powered by Carlton United Breweries>

It can make global provided the number of teams participating will be around 20 at that time.no Delhi has no chance as Bangalore is the best place for the bid in 2020.we are sure to see that soon.

ROFL - India won't be hosting the 2020 Olympic Games. You guys are struggling to have the Commonwealth Games organised in time. Children are being forced in to slave labor to get the venues finished in time...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/delhis-commonweal...

what an absolute disgrace.

Cricket isn't, and should never be an Olympic sport. It's only played competitively by a handful of countries around the world. There's already enough cricket tournaments played as it is. Why try to jam more in to an already tight schedule?

Much better chance of gaining a commonwealth games berth first then maybe Olympic status a little later.

yes it must also held at Olympic 2011

It will make cricket more global.

Very good news great.

• john

yeah it would help game