Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Can i return my new battery to walmart?

I just spent $83 for an everstart Battery with a 2 year warrany. I installed it, than the next day my engine blows, so i got this new battery and i was wondering if walmart would let me return it for a refund or store credit instead of an exchange.

If so, what should i say?

thank you, would be reallly relived if i can get my money back, i already suffered a big loss in money.

I do not have the receit.

Favorite Answer

You might be able to sweet talk the manager into giving you store credit if they have a history of the purchase in their computer because you don't have your receipt. If you try to lie to them the manager will think you are just trying to get your money back because it did not fix your problem. I sell car parts every day and it never fails. Someone comes in with a part that was installed and was the wrong part so they want to return it and get something else to try and fix the problem. They want to keep using new parts to try to figure out what is wrong instead of taking it to a professional to get it fixed because they don't want to spend the money. What they either don't know or just don't care about is that the store gets stuck paying for the parts that can not be re sold which drives the price of the parts up for everyone else so the store can remain profitable. So do not expect the manager to refund your money and if they do make sure to thank them. Its a small gesture to say thank you and can get you a long way when you use it properly. Hope I have been helpful.

1

Source(s): Complimentary Walmart Gift Card : http://walmartgiftcard.ohfos.com/?sYQ

Motorcycle Battery Walmart

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Can i return my new battery to walmart?

If so, what should i say?

thank you, would...

Source(s): return battery walmart: https://biturl.im/HAk7w

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axVDQ

no , if there is a guarantee you'd have to send them to the company that made the batteries not the store that sold them . Lasts 5 years means in storage not in use , no battery will last 5 years while in use , the 5 year guarantee means if they sit on the store shelf for 5 tears they'll still have a charge ( not necessarily full , but they'll work ) once used there is never a guarantee on batteries , you could have used them 24/7 for a week and used up the power in them for all wal-mart knows or taken in some other dead batteries , they don't have serial numbers to prove they were the same ones you bought

Yeh, they will take it back if it doesn't look like it has been installed. Just tell them that you bought the battery and found out it was the alternator instead of the battery. Remember that you have to have your receipt or they will only give you store credit.

• ?

2

Most likely not but its worth a shot if you can go back

No receipt no take back. That simple