Is Stan Van Gundy stupid of saying they wont concern with JJ Hickson?

Update:

Also JJ pwned Dwight... Get that WEAK STUFF outta here

Update 2:

13-5 against Western Conference is really pretty good

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Renae
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

From the start, I knew JJ Hickson would be a tough player. His rookie year, he was kind of timid and didn't get a lot of minutes, but he sure could slam down the ball and was a decent defender. This year, he bulked up a lot and Lebron and Shaq kind of took him under their wing, and it's obvious how much he has improved. I see a bright future for him, especially if he keeps up the pace. Don't act like he's the most amazing player ever just for blocking one shot, though.

@Seph, yet they're 2-0 with the Lakers, 2-0 with the Magic, 2-0 with Atlanta, 1-1 with Utah, 1-1 vs. Dallas(this loss sucked though, since the Mavs were Dirk-less)? They're only losses between the big teams are Boston(home opener), Denver and the ones I listed above. Even if they have an "easier" schedule overall, they are still dominating with all of the top playoff teams.

Stop blaming the refs for everything. You only say that because you're critical of the Cavs, but if you opened your eyes, you would see this happens with every top team, even the Lakers. I notice no-calls and ticky-tack fouls that were for the Cavs, but the refs are human. There are some outrageous fouls, but rarely are they game changers.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

First off, Dwight Howard is 10x the player hickson is and will ever be. Second off, Stan Van Gundy is stupid period. I think the magic would be so much better if they had a different coach. I mean you just listen to his interviews and you can tell he's not intelligent. He might have meant they're more worried about lebron, but who knows what goes on in his head. JJ Hickson always has good offensive nights when other teams worry about lebron too much.

• bucky
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

The Cavs motivation is to no longer bypass down 3-a million this night. I somewhat have a problematical time believing that something Van Gundy, S. says could have any touching on how they play this night. word to Mo Williams: do no longer assure a win in a team which you haven't any longer shown as much as yet.. As for Stan Van Gundy, all of his issues start up the minute he opens his mouth. Dude needs to easily coach and close it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well, he's right. JJ Hickson scores on quick passes for easy dunks and layups. He doesn't control the ball, he doesn't have great post moves, he's just one of those Anderson Varejao players. Great energy, but lousy ball handles.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Who cares? He's an overrated player on an overrated team. One block and now he's the rejection god of the NBA to you bandwagoners.

@RetB: No, having the best record with an easy-a$$ schedule is overrated. The Eastern Conference is sh*t, and to be honest it would be embarrassing if the Cavs had a worse record than L.A., who plays more games against the gritty Western Conference. Plus, Cleveland gets twice the freethrows most other teams do, and bad calls usually end up winning them games more than talent does. Do your homework next time, kid.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

omg! there are a lot of cavs haters here!!!! omg give jj hickson some credit! lol and i don't know if stan van said that....but if he did it would just show his arrogance..i feakin hate how the media adores him...lol

btw...the cavs just shut the magic down!!

shame on the laker fans for believing in magic tonight...

Sephiroth.....your a dumbass

• 1 decade ago

jj is not a threat he doesn't create his own shots most of his points come from Lebron sucking in the defense then he kicks it to jj to score.

• 1 decade ago

Yeah what a dumb thing to say! Esp. about a guy that drops 18 pts. on ya!

• 1 decade ago

Cavs beat the lakers twice this year enough said and we beat them in la, so if the cavs are overrated then what are the lakers?

• 1 decade ago

Yes that's a bad thing to do he can get dangerous.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.