good side dishes with filet mignon?

i am making my husband a valentines day dinner and I am making filet mignon but I don't know what else to make. I dont want to make mashed potatoes with it cause I'm sick of potatoes (I'm pregnant so a lot of foods are making me sick) and besides his mom just came over with a big bowl of potatoes!! I dont want anything to rich either because I am making a chocolate lava cake with some strawberries for dessert. I saw this recipie that Giada DeLaurentis made, she boiled some orzo in chicken broth and baked it with some fontina, mozzerella peas mushrooms and heavy cream but I don't know if that really sounds good. Any ideas? I'm going shopping for it all tomorrow after work

Side Dishes For Filet Mignon

• Evelyn

Low Carb is so hard! I'm also watching my carbs so if I were to be making a Filet Mignon, I would side it with Vegetable Medley to include Broccoli, Carrots and Green Beans. ANother healthier Carb option is a baked Sweet Potato, when I split it open, I just put about a teaspoon of Light Brown Sugar to give it an extra yummy, sweet taste! :-) Enjoy!!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

good side dishes with filet mignon?

i am making my husband a valentines day dinner and I am making filet mignon but I don't know what else to make. I dont want to make mashed potatoes with it cause I'm sick of potatoes (I'm pregnant so a lot of foods are making me sick) and besides his mom just came over with a big bowl...

Source(s): good side dishes filet mignon: https://tr.im/AhJSN

How about butternut squash and sweet potatoes? Cut in to 1 to 1 1/2" chunks: butternut squash, sweet onion, sweet potatoes and parsnips. Combine approximate equal proportions of each vegetable in bowl with olive oil (generous to coat the vegetables), cracked pepper, kosher salt and some finely chopped rosemary (about 1 teaspoon of each to 4 cups of vegetables). Turn onto baking sheet. Roast at 450 degrees, turning every 10 minutes until tender.

How about some steamed or roasted asparagus? They are pretty on the plate, not heavy, a bit healthy, and kind of elegant. Maybe some oven-baked buttered bread (i'd say garlic bread, but it's Val's Day!) and you're all set.

This goes great with beef. I leave out the bell pepper because I don't like it.

Ingredients

1 (1-pound) loaf crusty country-style white bread

1/4 cup olive oil

4 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme

1 large garlic clove, minced

6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter

1 pound assorted fresh mushrooms (such as crimini, button, portobello, and stemmed shiitake), thinly sliced

1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion

1 1/2 cups thinly sliced celery

1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper

1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley

3 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream

8 large eggs

2 teaspoons salt

1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese

PreparationPreheat oven to 375°F. Butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Cut bottom crust and short ends off bread and discard. Cut remaining bread with crust into 1-inch cubes (about 10 cups loosely packed). Place cubes in very large bowl. Add oil, thyme, and garlic; toss to coat. Spread cubes out on large rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until golden and slightly crunchy, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Return toasted bread cubes to same very large bowl.

Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, celery, and bell pepper. sauté until soft and juices have evaporated, about 15 minutes. Add sautéed vegetables and parsley to bread cubes.

Whisk heavy cream, eggs, salt, and ground pepper in large bowl. Mix custard into bread and vegetables. Transfer stuffing to prepared dish. Sprinkle cheese over. DO AHEAD Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.

Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake stuffing uncovered until set and top is golden, about 1 hour. Let stand 15 minutes.

• ACE

Baby zucchini, baby carrots and asparagus tips

If you really need to include starchy food, try mashed sweet potato for a change

Enjoy with a bottle of your favorite red wine

You should be traditional with baked potato with sour cream, cheese, and bacon bits, Then you should have a green vegetable. I prefer Brussels sprouts, but green beans are good.

BTW You should pick another category and ask for help with your Mother-in law issues.

Happy Valentines Day

A wedge salad, steamed asparagus, and sauteed mushroom all pair well with filet.

Your side dish sounds good, I's serve a steamed veggie or side salad too.