How quickly will Diuretics lower my blood pressure?

I just started taking them today. I started a fitness and diet program about 3 weeks ago, that I continue as well.

I'm wondering how soon can I expect to see results from the medication. My BP is in the 145-150 range.

• Favorite Answer

well

this is not emergency situation and drug effect is depend also on other treatment measure for example if still you are taking much salt with diet the diuretic effect will be decreased and so on.

Keep on your Program of treatment and measure your blood pressure after 1 week .Target is 120/80

best wishes

See some good answers. Go to see your doctor. High blood pressure isn't called the silent killer for nothing. What are you calling high blood pressure?? If it is diagnosed as hypertension then it needs to be lowered gradually ideally 120/80 or less for a goal. Depends on other factors such as diabetes, high cholesterol etc..ALL of which need to be checked by a medical provider so GO. Medications help greatly with the addition of lifestyle changes. If your lifestyle is so poor, that may be all you need. There is also the curse of family genes. Go see your doctor.