What do you say to friends calling you terrorist to explain Islam?

To explain Islams position on it.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Asalamualeikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuho

May Allah guard your Iman and increase it. Ameen

Dear brother,

Islam is a religion of humility, simplicity and submission. Whatever we are commanded with, is the divine commandments of Allah swt and the pure teachings of Rasulullah saaws.

Rasulullah saaws who was the most perfect of human was sent as a guide for all of mankind and if we follow his teachings we will be successful in this world and in the hereafter. If we study his teachings closely, we will find that it clearly promotes peace, unity, justice and guidelines on how to live in harmony.

As Muslims we are not allowed to lay an attack on the enemy, unless it is the last resort. If we do engage in war then we have to abide by certain etiquettes which are as follows:

not to attack women,

Not attack children and those who are not actively taking part.

In short spare all innocent lives.

During the time of Prophet Muhammad saaws for many years the Muslims were tortured and prosecuted by the Makkans. They emigrated to Madina Munawarah and years later conquered Makka Mukarramah. After the conquest, the Makkans expected the Prophet saaws to retaliate and to take revenge, but to their surprise, he forgave them and instead, restored their honour and dignity.

Your friends calling you a “Terrorist” because you are practising on your religion, is a result of their poor understanding of the teachings of Islam.

You should not feel offended by these allegations, but rather, make dua that Allah guide them and do your part by remaining firm upon the Islamic teachings.

Source(s): Hope this helps. Salaams :)
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Throughout history each religion has had its fair share of "religious" terrorists. One point worth mentioning is that most terrorist attacks are due to actions in the Middle East, rather than religion. Granted, religion is often given as the reason. For example after the Abu Ghraib incident the terrorist attacks increased. See? But if you feel you need to prove Islam isn't the only religion which people abuse to meet the ideas of some crazy terrorist, look back in history. Europeans raped and pillaged the Middle East during the Crusades(for "religious" reasons), and during any occupation of a country the natives attacked the occupying forces rather violently as well (IE: Romans being attacked by Israelites, Americans vs British, etc). Islam itself does propogate peace, but is not pacifist by any stretch. It advocates SELF-DEFENSE. It does not advocate killing innocents, rather teaches to spare the innocent. If you need to develop a stronger argument against your friend, just read a Qur'an. After doing so, you will understand that the Islam presented in the media is not the actual religion, rather a crude fallacy created to sell newspapers and get higher ratings. Note I am not a Muslim, just that anyone with common sense should realize that it is not a religion that kills people. It's followers who re-define its teachings to fit their own warped world view are the killers. So according to this, those terrorists who are saying killing innocents is ok are actually committing a sin by introducing a bi'da, or innovation to the religion of Islam. Food for thought.

• 1 decade ago

Most scholars, by Ijma, agree that Imam Abu Hamid Al Ghazali's greatest contribution to Islam was that he pointed out that argumentation for argumentations sake was from kibr and thus, against Islam. His books were written in a time when Muslims were very heavily influenced with hellenistic philosophy and thus were given over to sophistry, eloquent debates, etc. and not for the sake of finding truth, but rather as a form of diatribe to belittle one's opponent and beautify your own argument whether true or false.

Thus Imam Ghazali -rahimahullah- gave a fatwa forbidding this sort of argumentation, and instead said that you may only discuss, argue, or debate a person when both you and your opponent are interested in finding the truth honestly, otherwise it is from kibr and thus forbidden.

Imam Shafi'i -rahimahullah- used to make du'a for the person he debated against, asking Allah [swt] to put the truth on the tongue of his opponent, that he may submit to it! Now that is iman.

Imam Malik -rahimahullah- forbade religious debate among laypersons, and called those who tried to debate him, "Ahle harb" or "people of war."

Remember, Yakhi, that the word "Dawah" comes from an Arabic trilateral root that means, "invitation to a banquet." -The banquet we are inviting the people to is Islam.. but if they want to ridicule or deny our invitation, it is their right to do so. We can't force them.

So if your friends belittle and mock you, just leave them alone. Lead by example, rather than with words.

Salaam/Peace

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Explain that Islam and Muslims (Shia, Sunni and Sufi) are firmly against terrorism.

The deviant nejdi cult of wahabi/salafi are outside the fold of Islam. The are like what KKK are to Christianity.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

terrorist is a person who do terrorize another people. Islam is not a person, islam is a religion. if your freind said islam is a terror religion then show them what their religion book said and ask them which one is more terrorizing another person, another race, another women, another children. tell them to read their own holly book then make a comment to other religion.

• 1 decade ago

That doesn't sound like much of a friend. They're showing zero respect for you or your faith, you should rethink whether they're worth having as a friend or not.

I'm not a Muslim, so it's not my place to comment on Islamic theology, but you might want to point out things like the petition against terrorism a couple of thousand Muslim academics submitted to the UN.

http://www.arabnews.com/?page=4§ion=0&article=5368...

• 1 decade ago

Get ready for very simplistic excuses like what is allowed in Islam and what is not.

It does not occur to these apologists that the world sees what Muslims DO and have no time for what is allowed and not allowed.

The logic is that of criminals who when caught red handed want to be excused because "their religion forbids their commited crimes!"

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Why don't you try telling the truth? That Islam allows terrorism, calls for fighting but that you are one of the Muslims that refuse to become violent?

Please do not say that Islam is against terrorism when these are some of the last revelations given by Allah:

YUSUFALI: The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter;

YUSUFALI: Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instil terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them."

YUSUFALI: And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah altogether and everywhere; but if they cease, verily Allah doth see all that they do.

YUSUFALI: But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, an seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

YUSUFALI: Fight them, and Allah will punish them by your hands, cover them with shame, help you (to victory) over them, heal the breasts of Believers,

YUSUFALI: Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

YUSUFALI: Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain: a promise binding on Him in truth, through the Law, the Gospel, and the Qur'an: and who is more faithful to his covenant than Allah? then rejoice in the bargain which ye have concluded: that is the achievement supreme.

Just a few examples. There are plenty more, especially if I want to start quoting the ahadith like these:

Sahih Bukhari

Volume 4, Book 52, Number 177:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."

Abu Dawud

Book 14, Number 2526:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Three things are the roots of faith: to refrain from (killing) a person who utters, "There is no god but Allah" and not to declare him unbeliever whatever sin he commits, and not to excommunicate him from Islam for his any action; and jihad will be performed continuously since the day Allah sent me as a prophet until the day the last member of my community will fight with the Dajjal (Antichrist). The tyranny of any tyrant and the justice of any just (ruler) will not invalidate it. One must have faith in Divine decree.

Sahih Muslim

Book 001, Number 0033:

It has been narrated on the authority of Abdullah b. 'Umar that the Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, and they establish prayer, and pay Zakat and if they do it, their blood and property are guaranteed protection on my behalf except when justified by law, and their affairs rest with Allah.

• 1 decade ago

I would say it is time to part ways. A true friend would not call you a terrorists. You need new friends.

• 1 decade ago

I am not that kind of guys who gets affected by other people attitude ,so i won't pay them any attention and i would go on my life normally as thought never heard anything

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.