Current Bands/ Artists with a unique sound?

I decided to not include bands of the past, because lots of us here already know a LOT of them had such original sounds. (eg: Steely Dan) But when I hear sooo many of today's rock bands, I really think I'm hearing the same freakin band. I can name off at least 6 different Blink 182/ Fall Out Boy... show more I decided to not include bands of the past, because lots of us here already know a LOT of them had such original sounds. (eg: Steely Dan)

But when I hear sooo many of today's rock bands, I really think I'm hearing the same freakin band. I can name off at least 6 different Blink 182/ Fall Out Boy sound-alikes. (& just b/c they may be the same genre doesn't mean they can't stand out over the others. The old guys sure did it)

But- I *have* heard a few that stood out to me somehow. Whether it be the overall feel, the vocals, atmosphere. Just *Something* that makes them out of the mold.

Few of mine:

Of Montreal
Deerhoof
Imogen Heap
Pomplamoose

I *want* to say Silversun Pickups, but they've been compared to Smashing Pumpkins. Still, I think among current bands, they stand out sound-wise. Esp. the vocals.
Update: Yo, Khat! :)
Update 2: Heya, Peace!

Ima check out some of the bands I'm readin here!
I'm one of those classic rock freaks who actually Likes looking for new sounds. :)
Update 3: DODO- Dirty Projectors! Great call! I just discovered them last summer. DEF' a different sound.
Update 4: dJezz- I totally thought of Frou Frou when I listed Imogen.H. I LOVE that song "Flicks"! So pretty.

Bon Iver- he's been getting a Lot of attn. lately. I heard "Skinny Love" on NPR & fell in love w/ it right away.
Update 5: SolracV- I've only heard that one song by Grizzly Bear. ('2 Weeks'-something?) Loved it. It sounded like an indie Beach Boys.
& I've been hearing such a buzz about Animal Collective. I need to hear them again.

I think Muse is another one.
Update 6: Oh, & MGMT. I really like what I've heard w/ them.
Update 7: Johnny- Was just listening to Japandroids last night. Love them!
& I need to hear more Deerhunter.