Should I date a girl that doesn't take life seriously?

She never takes anything in life seriously. Shes so fun to joke around with, but she doesn't take life seriously. I mean she made fun of her brother for trying to kill himself. Whenever I try to be serious she tries to turn it into a joke. Is this her way of coping with this harsh world or something???? All our conversations are hilarious and ridiculous, but every once in awhile I'd like to talk to her about important things

Favorite Answer

Sometimes, it's just how people cope. Maybe she feels uncomfortable talking about things like her brother's suicide attempt. So she tries to mask it with humor. It's a good approach to life, but if you want to talk to her seriously, you can always just say, "I'm being serious." It'll jolt her out of her la-di-da take on life. If she still refuses to be serious, you should start thinking about whether her constant humor is a desirable trait, and if that trait outweighs any other ones.

Would u want to date a girl who takes life too seriously?

weigh your options hun.

it's better to be around a girl who jokes and has fun than a one who is serious and doesnt joke around and doesnt have fun.

Thats what most guys want... a girl who makes light of every situation.

hope i helped you.

You hit it right on the button it is her way of coping. You should say something and then if she cracks a joke walk away and tell her your done.

it's hard to say. she sounds more like a fling than someone you could fall in love with. how well do you know her? if she's like me, she has to be so close to someone before she opens up at all. even my best friend doesn't know everything about me.. sometimes it's just too hard to talk about. and if her brother tried to kill himself something's obviously wrong in her life. you should ask yourself if she's worth taking the time to make her feel safe with you, then she'll open up, i guarentee it. i guess i can't answer your question, you have to decide for yourself.

answer mine please?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201002...

talk to her. say you really need to start being more serious about some things. its okay to joke sometimes but other times you cant joke around

She might be fun to be around, but she probably won't take the relationship seriously either..

Well, find out! Fake a story about your mom dying and how you being sad. If she makes a single joke about it..There's your answer.

• Jerry

I would date her, she sounds lie a blast! I wouldn't make her my girlfriend or plan a family with her. Just date her, doesn't have to be exclusive. Meanwhile, date other people. That's what dating is all about.

Sounds immature.

RUN Brutha RUN, theys lots of them that are serious enough to think independently!