double major in environmental and mechanical engineering?

anyone know how tough this would be? do a lot of classes overlap or are they pretty diverse?

how about electrical and mechanical?

Favorite Answer

Environmental engineering tends to fall more in line with either Civil or Chemical Engineering disciplines, (kind of a strange combination but it's true). I am in Chem. E. and I had to take an environmental engineering course last year as part of my major. The course is offered through my department but it is also a required class for Civil's too.

The best way to find out if the two are similar is to check with the adviser for either of the programs at the college you plan to attend. Most schools have their curricula for different majors available online.

Also, if at your college Environmental and Mechanical do end up overlapping a lot it might not really be worth the extra semester you need to finish them both because if they are similar most employers will not care whether you are one or the other.