Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

USB Over Current Status Detected, Computer will shut down in 15 seconds?

That message comes up on startup on my computer. I thought that this problem might have to do with the 2 wire I plugged in that are connected to the front of the case. But eve if they are not plugged in I get this problem.

It also tells me that I need to fix my BIOS setting. I don't know how to do that when I can't do anything with my computer. Maybe I need to download a new BIOS and put it on a flash drive? idk...

I would also like to mention that I have bought a new motherboard before experiencing this problem. It worked fine for a few days. Then I got an error with a blue screen followed by a shutdown. After that, I could not start up my cpu without unhooking the power supply and waiting for the light on the motherboard to go out.

I called the support #, and they help to the point that my cpu can turn on no problem, but I still get this error.

ONE MORE THING! lol. I didn't get this error until after I hooked up my old motherboard after I got the blue screen with the new one followed by just not powering on, just to see if it would work. It did but with allot of problems. Now the new motherboard turns on, followed by the error. "USB Over Current Status Detected, Computer will shut down in 15 seconds".

Any help would be amazing. I will keep everyone up to date with what is going on with this issue.

Sagar, this did not help at all. It just got me to the same screen I have been betting but faster.

Favorite Answer

restart your pc & press del button continuously and go for BIOS & there you choose advanced options & chose load default &then save . it will work