specific tv shows/movies that has influnced you/young people?

what are some specific tv shows/movies that have influenced you or young people?

Favorite Answer

If you mean influenced to do things like drink or do drugs or have sex, I don't really think people are all that influenced to do that kind of stuff by the media.

We're not going to do something just because it was on TV...the media is often just a scapegoat for other causes.

Clueless was a big influence on slang used by teenagers. Clueless started "whatever!" and "as if!". So.

Before people decided not-conforming was cool, movies and TV shows, musicians, etc. always influenced teenagers. Like the whole Seattle grunge thing.

I remember when headbands were kind of popular, though. I think Gossip Girl did that. And "Lauren Conrad braids", which were just hippie braids that used to be cool in the 60's.

But in terms of drugs and lifestyle... I think teens dream about a life they'd prefer to be living, but reality sets in.

THe only thing I've been influenced to do by a tv show is buy certain clothes and that would be The Hills and Gossip Girl.

how about that paris hilton show.. made athounds girls talk lik eher

also.. the hannah montana show.