promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How do I know if my honda was recalled?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100210/ap_on_bi_ge/as...

it says "Honda says owners should take their vehicles to dealerships as soon as they are notified by the company in writing. Notification will begin during the month of February."

BUT we bought ours used from a Mitsubishi dealer in 2005... so how we will be notified? Do I have to do anything?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

as a honda service employee i can tell you that it is NOT by year of vehicle but by the VIN (vehicle identification number) this is located all over your car, most noticable in the drivers door jamb or the bottom corner of the drivers side window. at this time 2/11/2010 3pm PST, American Honda has not given us (the dealerships) the info on the vehicles involved. once they make the determination you will be recieving a letter from AMERICAN HONDA not your local dealer. if you are one of those people that worry alot you can bug your local dealership with you VIN and once all the info gets processed thorugh Honda computer software they will have that information

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Save yourself a possible wasted trip and call the dealer's service department. They'll ask for the vehicle's VIN and can tell you if any recalls are due.

• 1 decade ago

Call a Honda Dealer and give them your VIN and they can tell you (saves a trip)

• 1 decade ago

type into search box

what

year model recall

2005 honda ? recall

2005 honda problems

either way bring up recalls and other problems

with any car

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

go to the dealer and ask

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.