Should I get a Bike Computer?

Also known as a Cyclometer or Odometer, should I get a bike computer? I have just started Highschool this year and it is about 4-5KM from where my house is. My parents work so the only way to get there is by riding or walking and obviously, biking is the smarter choice. Basically, this means that in 10 days, I... show more Also known as a Cyclometer or Odometer, should I get a bike computer?

I have just started Highschool this year and it is about 4-5KM from where my house is. My parents work so the only way to get there is by riding or walking and obviously, biking is the smarter choice. Basically, this means that in 10 days, I can ride 100KM but I wanted to know the REAL stats. Should I get a bike computer or not? Which models do you recommend? It is a 24" (I think) Mountain Bike if you wanted to know.

Thanks.