Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 10 years ago

French translation.. please help me translate this using the plus que parfait, passe compose, and imparfait.?

I need so much help right now translating this. I've tried translating this into French using the plus que parfait, passe compose, and imparfait but its useless because I'm really bad at it. I cannot understand how to do this and I don't even know how to right the plus que parfait in english! Please right now I'm desperate and I really don't have time for mean comments. I haven't spent much time lately in my french class because I have AP classes which require more of my time.

Anyways... here are the sentences in English:

The kids were called into the director's office. When they arrived, the door had been closed. They listened closely and they thought they heard the director crying. They wondered if they should enter or not.

After waiting for 10 minutes they had decided to go in. They knocked the door 3 times. For an entire minute they waited patiently. Suddenly, the door opened slowly with a creaking sound and the director said to come on in.

After they entered the room the minister asked what had happened today. They responded by saying that they were extremely sorry. He said that they should not say sorry to him but to the Monsieur de Ministre! After a while he came up with a solution.

The following week they gave the Monsieur de Ministre a visit. They kids were amazed as soon as they saw the house. The Monsieur de Ministre invited them in and they all had a dinner. Throughout the dinner the children explained why they had not been present.

The Monsieur de Ministre accepted their apology. He said that he would visit the school once again if they behaved. When the day arrived the children had known just how to behave. They had learned their lesson.

I appreciate some and all of the help that you could give me. Thanx ahead of time.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Best Answer

the first three answers have mistakes in it, you can't use them. believe me, i'm french. e.g. it should be

"les enfants ont été appelés" with an s, yet nobody took the time or the precision to write it down.

on the same basis,

it should be

"ils crurent que le directeur pleurait"

and not the solution they gave to you

Source(s): french native speaker
  • wax
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Parfait French Translation

• 4 years ago

The French usage of Perfect and Pluperfect is very similar to that in English, British English anyway. If you're American it may not be quite so obvious. Look, I'll take your French examples but treat them as English : When we had been for a walk, we went to the theatre. Going for a walk and going to the theatre were both actions in the past, but going for a walk was MORE in the past. You finished your walk BEFORE you went to the theatre, so you use Pluperfect. When I got home, my brother was still working. [Lorsque or quand: doesn't matter] These are two overlapping actions: your brother was already working, you came home, he continued working. So no Pluperfect there. Just the Imparfait for the continuation of your brother's activity, and the Parfait for your single action of coming home.

• 10 years ago

Les enfants ont été appelé dans le bureau du directeur. Quand ils sont arrivés, la porte avait été fermée. Ils ont écouté attentivement et ils crurent entendre le directeur de pleurer. Ils se demandent si elles devraient entrer ou pas.

Après avoir attendu pendant 10 minutes, ils avaient décidé d'y entrer Ils ont frappé à la porte 3 fois. D'une minute ils ont attendu patiemment. Soudain, la porte s'ouvrit lentement avec un bruit de craquement et le directeur m'a dit de venir sur po

Après leur entrée dans la salle le ministre a demandé ce qui s'était passé aujourd'hui. Ils ont répondu en disant qu'ils étaient vraiment désolés. Il a dit qu'il ne fallait pas dire désolé pour lui mais à la Ministre M. de! Après un moment, il a trouvé une solution.

La semaine suivante, ils donnèrent le monsieur de Ministre d'une visite. Ils ont été étonnés que les enfants dès qu'ils ont vu la maison. Le monsieur de Ministre les a invités à l'intérieur et ils avaient tous un dîner. Tout au long du dîner, les enfants ont expliqué pourquoi ils n'avaient pas été présents.

M. le Ministre de accepté leurs excuses. Il a dit qu'il allait visiter l'école une fois de plus, si leur comportement. Quand le jour est arrivé que les enfants avaient connu simplement comment se comporter. Ils avaient appris leur leçon.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Les enfants ont été appelé dans le bureau du directeur. Quand ils sont arrivés, la porte avait été fermée. Ils ont écouté attentivement et ils crurent entendre le directeur de pleurer. Ils se demandent si elles devraient entrer ou pas.

Après avoir attendu pendant 10 minutes, ils avaient décidé d'y entrer Ils ont frappé à la porte 3 fois. D'une minute ils ont attendu patiemment. Soudain, la porte s'ouvrit lentement avec un bruit de craquement et le directeur m'a dit de venir sur po

Après leur entrée dans la salle le ministre a demandé ce qui s'était passé aujourd'hui. Ils ont répondu en disant qu'ils étaient vraiment désolés. Il a dit qu'il ne fallait pas dire désolé pour lui mais à la Ministre M. de! Après un moment, il a trouvé une solution.

La semaine suivante, ils donnèrent le monsieur de Ministre d'une visite. Ils ont été étonnés que les enfants dès qu'ils ont vu la maison. Le monsieur de Ministre les a invités à l'intérieur et ils avaient tous un dîner. Tout au long du dîner, les enfants ont expliqué pourquoi ils n'avaient pas été présents.

M. le Ministre de accepté leurs excuses. Il a dit qu'il allait visiter l'école une fois de plus, si leur comportement. Quand le jour est arrivé que les enfants avaient connu simplement comment se comporter. Ils avaient appris leur leçon.

J'apprécie certains et toute l'aide que vous pourriez me donner. Merci d'avance

• 10 years ago

sont de mon qui von tre bien ensemble:

merde!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.