How do HeLa cells spread and contaminate other cell cultures?

I'm just interested in the mechanism of how these cells get around.

• Bob D1
    Favorite Answer

Years ago, I read a book on the HeLa cells. It's been a long time ago and I don't recall all of the details but as I understand it, these cells spread from culture to culture by sloppy lab handling techniques, in poorly sterilized glassware, and through the air. These cells are tiny and can easily get caught up in droplets of water in the air and simply float around the environment. They were so communicable that they were finding these cells in food, water, and even in machinery.

Source(s): self

For a Catholic, the respond could be to 3 volume - sure. maximum folk woulld assume there to be some functioning worried equipment earlier you're able to call that a presence of God or a expertise. what's frightening is that in case you create a stem cellular, it fairly is a different genetic code that isn't in any respect returned be seen interior the history of the entire Universe - after which you utilize it for technology experiments somewhat than much less that individual come into being. i'm somewhat not sure on that one. in case you created it from pores and skin cells from a residing individual, that remains a ability twin (and thence yet another individual) which you have made, and the comparable questions exist. This new technologies is sufficient to stress you batty.