Does American Film & TV (media in general) produce a sociopathic society?

I ask for these reasons below: 1) In most movies, the bad guy is a sociopath and people find watching them exciting and entertaining. Half of the time, the bad guy favored as "cool" by the audience (Darth Vader, etc). 2) In many movies, the good guy is a sociopathic as the bad guy, only he/she is... show more I ask for these reasons below:

1) In most movies, the bad guy is a sociopath and people find watching them exciting and entertaining. Half of the time, the bad guy favored as "cool" by the audience (Darth Vader, etc).

2) In many movies, the good guy is a sociopathic as the bad guy, only he/she is shown as "good" to the audience, (James Bond in Casino Royale) and is praised by the audience as "cool". (Triple X character)

3) In many movies (especially in modern times) many female heroes have sociopathic attitudes/behaviors, and are usually praised by the audience. (The main girl from Juno, the main women from the movie Knocked Up, etc)

4) Many of the most charismatic, popular celebrities that society worships are in many ways sociopathic in many of their behavior.

This seems like a far fetched idea, but lets explore what a sociopath is before judging the question:

Sociopath - Glibness and Superficial Charm, Grandiose Sense of Self, Shallow Emotions, Callousness/Lack of Empathy, Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature, Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility, Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt, Pathological Lying.

This is the profile of a rebel. Society worships rebels, people who break the rules for their own personal gain. These characters can usually charm and lie their way out of anything to defeat the "bad guy".

Lets look at people from the 80's for example.
- Madonna was highly worshipped by women, a total rebel, resembling many of the definitions of sociopath.
- Characters like Sonny from Miami Vice, guys thought he was cool back then, a total sociopath.
- Today, a lot of shows on TV and in movies are all about rebels with bad attitutes who have a "I do what I want, screw the rules and screw people" way of life, and people today love to mimic the behavior.

Many people have no real manners anymmore. In fact, look at cities like New York, many of the people there aren't really sociopaths, but definitly try their best to act like sociopaths to strangers or newcomers or anyone who don't know the sociopathic social rules of the city.

Or how about many teen aged girls who have extreme Grandiose Sense of Self, Glibness and Superficial Charm if their pretty, and the teen boys who compete with the similar attitutes.

Heh, I'm possibly going waaay off the mark, but after a few years of watching people after learning more about what a sociopath actually is, it just seems that America specifically breeds sociopathic behaviors from media influence.

Thoughts?
Update: edith clark - Thats awesome, because I think you spend too much time assuming you have knowledge about human behavior that no one else does. Otherwise, you'd realize that it's painfully obvious that the people you grow up with influence you greatly as well. It's not rocket science.
Update 2: edith clark - The fact that you even responded to my retort proves that your feelings were hurt, otherwise you would have paid no mind to it. Your projecting what you feel towards my remark onto me when in all actuality, I hit a nerve in you.