Country music fans, does it annoy you when....?

...some people say that they hate country music, when really, they haven't even given it a chance?

You know, when they stereotype country music and country music fans, even though they probably haven't even heard more than a few country songs? Do you think that some people don't like country music because they haven't even given it a fair chance?

Favorite Answer

Not really, it's their loss to not even listen to it. What I am annoyed by is when people say I hate Country music except ______(fill in the blank with Taylor Swift, Rascal Flats, Carrie Underwood, or any other pop act that is called Country). OK if you hate the genre doesn't it occur to you that the reason you like that act is because they aren't really in the genre?

• I get weird looks from family and other people when they find out that I am a fan of country. I'm mexican and some would think I would listen to rap or hip hop, but I dont. But I am A bigger fan of Old School inspired artists like Hank III, Bob Wayne, and Joey Allcorn. Most people I know wont even give it an ear cuz its always "A Man and his dog, or truck broke down, or his wife is a truck stop hooker" to them, when really its about real life issues they've dealt with, not any of that pre-fabricated, watered down stuff you hear on the radio. Worse is when people think its music for a certain breed of people (i.e; Rednecks, racsists, hicks, trailer trash).

i do get annoyed. almost all of my best friends hate country music because the think it is all really sad and slow music. i think people need to be a little more open minded sometimes. i don't really like the music they listen to but i don't make up all these stereotypes about it. great question!

Good question. yes many people think that is what is in the top 40 country charts is country.

yes, some of it is country.but,a lot of it is NOT COUNTRY.it is something nashvegas is shoving down our throats.they are only interested in money.

stereotyping in country music has been around since it came into being.shows like Hee Haw didn't help.country artists years ago would dress neatly in nudie suits.today they can't even tuck their shirts into their pants.in fact most look like bums.the other half don't even know what real country music is.country music has always been about life.real life.people hear a song like "mr mom" and think it is a country song.or they hear a song like "up" and think that is country.

it is no wonder that people dislike country today.

Source(s): personal experience. been a fan of country music over 35 years.

Yes some people really don't give it a chance at all,it is as if they don't want anyone to know that they could possibly like a country song....don't make sense to me...I like most all real music...

i absoluteley believe that. and then that stereotype is projected on the fans when if they were to really sit down and listen this is the most lyrically deep genre ut there. every song is different and tells a different story. people just like to lump country into a category with uneducated racist farmers but if they were to turn off the unoriginal repetitive crap other genres have to offer and really listen for a change they would see it in a whole new light and grow an enormous appreciation for the poetic and artistic value behind each song.

Yes, very much so...I'm from England and some people here still call it "Country & Western." They imagine a type of music where the singers wear still wear brightly-coloured shirts with tassles....twats.... What they don't realise is that many classic songs are really just country songs - 'Sittin' on the Dock of The Bay', for example...Mind you, saying that, everyone loves Johnny Cash, don't they?

I so agree. I get sad because they don't even give it a chance to listen to it and it gets really annoying because they think that country music are for fags. I just get mad whenever I run into a person who hates country musics.

It's really sad. I like some country music songs because of my dad AND because I like the sound of it.

I don't know it's just sometimes ignorant people just look at some country singers with their guitar and cowboy hat and get put off? Im like gee could you just wait and hear them sing?

I think the country style singing has got to be one of the hardest styles to sound good in when you're a singer.

The pros make it sound nice.

my best friend hates country music. i love it. but when she actually listens to some good songs i put on in my car she will be like oh thats my exception. i think it actually depends on the person tho. some people just dont like slow music. some people don't like to have deep thoughts. and a lot of country music is deep feelings. and some people just hasnt listened to country music and associate it with redneck hicks...i love country...and all music...i think people should give something new a try and if they dont like it we should just accept that but they shouldnt bash the music.