What are moods in The Great Gatsby?

I'm writing an essay about what the moods are in The Great Gatsby and how the writer gets them across. I have to narrow it down to three main moods and have details for each. Are these okay- if not, what should I add to them? Please be critical and I really appreciate your help...

1. Saddness/Disappointment: When Gatsby is rejected by Daisy and realizes that he can't fulfil his dream

2. Materialism: Because of Gatsy's wealth and social status, Daisy chooses to marry Tom instead. Also when people took advantage of Gatsby's parties and wealth

3. Hope: How Gatsby sees the good in Daisy and wants so bad to fulfil his dream

4. Love: just how Gatsby thought he really loved Daisy

5.???

Which 3 should I use and are they good details and ideas??

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

the first 3 are excellent and dead on. Love however is an encompassing theme, that can be applied and incorporated into all of the moods you noted

• orshal
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Mood Of The Great Gatsby

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What are moods in The Great Gatsby?

I'm writing an essay about what the moods are in The Great Gatsby and how the writer gets them across. I have to narrow it down to three main moods and have details for each. Are these okay- if not, what should I add to them? Please be critical and I really appreciate your help...

Source(s): moods great gatsby: https://tr.im/S4wfN
  • Sandra
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Mood = Pessimistic Setting = New York Theme = The American Dream is not always achieved

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

i like numbers 1,3,4 and yes they are good details and ideas :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.