Why do people want to join the military?

Yes, I might be a bit judgmental but here is how I feel. Most of the people who join the military because they did not work hard during their high school years that help them get into a good university. They lack the disciples and motivations to make their life better. They think joining the military will help... show more Yes, I might be a bit judgmental but here is how I feel.

Most of the people who join the military because they did not work hard during their high school years that help them get into a good university. They lack the disciples and motivations to make their life better. They think joining the military will help build some disciplines in them and help them find some motivations in life. Apparently, I see military as a four year summer camp that cut off from the rest of world by brainwash them. real men can stand back up even if they fall a thousands and continues chase after their dream. Yeah you work for your nation where they get pay worst than mini wage, 70K in four years working 24/7. Most people who join are from the ghetto because they do not have what it takes to be in the real world. Oh! the excuse of serve the country. Look at our nation, please open their freaking eyes; have a war in Iraq for oil, cut down all the educational funding all, reduce senior funding where they also serve the country as well as anyone, and oh! we re-elect the stupid selfish president Bush as our president where he allowed the oil companies to totally rip us off! Serving the nation! Please! Our era of justices and righteousness are over. The time where we defend our self during WWII, the time we protect the human equality during Civil War, those times are over. Yeah! after four years they serve the nation, deep down they are the same person they once were. Too bad summer camp is over. Oh! If you don't know, our government who is controlled by extreme high class people can't afford to let their sons and daughters do their dirty works for them, so they use those worthless stupid idiots fight their battle for them for selfish reason. yeah, way to go! American huh. I want to keep going, but whatever. Have fun serving your country.
Update: For those who disagreement. Do you seriously think that survive in this society while being passionate about what you do is an easy thing to do? Do you think study endless with unbearable stresses and a burden of a family is a joke to you? Do you think having zero money and borrow a freaking big debt to get my... show more For those who disagreement. Do you seriously think that survive in this society while being passionate about what you do is an easy thing to do? Do you think study endless with unbearable stresses and a burden of a family is a joke to you? Do you think having zero money and borrow a freaking big debt to get my degree is unrealistic to you? I never deny that the training is hard. I know it's tough. DON"T EVER TELL ME THAT LIVING IS EASY WHEN THERE ARE PEOPLE IN NATIONS ARE STARVING AT NIGHT. DO NOT TELL ME THAT HOW YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENT IN THIS WORLD BECAUSE YOU CAN'T. SERVE THE NATION BUILD UP YOUR ESTEEM. IT DOES NOT FIX THE WORLD. AS FOR ME! I WILL MAKE THIS WORLD BETTER BECAUSE ALL YOU CAN SEE IS YOURSELF.