Why do people want to join the military?

Yes, I might be a bit judgmental but here is how I feel.

Most of the people who join the military because they did not work hard during their high school years that help them get into a good university. They lack the disciples and motivations to make their life better. They think joining the military will help build some disciplines in them and help them find some motivations in life. Apparently, I see military as a four year summer camp that cut off from the rest of world by brainwash them. real men can stand back up even if they fall a thousands and continues chase after their dream. Yeah you work for your nation where they get pay worst than mini wage, 70K in four years working 24/7. Most people who join are from the ghetto because they do not have what it takes to be in the real world. Oh! the excuse of serve the country. Look at our nation, please open their freaking eyes; have a war in Iraq for oil, cut down all the educational funding all, reduce senior funding where they also serve the country as well as anyone, and oh! we re-elect the stupid selfish president Bush as our president where he allowed the oil companies to totally rip us off! Serving the nation! Please! Our era of justices and righteousness are over. The time where we defend our self during WWII, the time we protect the human equality during Civil War, those times are over. Yeah! after four years they serve the nation, deep down they are the same person they once were. Too bad summer camp is over. Oh! If you don't know, our government who is controlled by extreme high class people can't afford to let their sons and daughters do their dirty works for them, so they use those worthless stupid idiots fight their battle for them for selfish reason. yeah, way to go! American huh. I want to keep going, but whatever. Have fun serving your country.

For those who disagreement. Do you seriously think that survive in this society while being passionate about what you do is an easy thing to do? Do you think study endless with unbearable stresses and a burden of a family is a joke to you? Do you think having zero money and borrow a freaking big debt to get my degree is unrealistic to you? I never deny that the training is hard. I know it's tough. DON"T EVER TELL ME THAT LIVING IS EASY WHEN THERE ARE PEOPLE IN NATIONS ARE STARVING AT NIGHT. DO NOT TELL ME THAT HOW YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENT IN THIS WORLD BECAUSE YOU CAN'T. SERVE THE NATION BUILD UP YOUR ESTEEM. IT DOES NOT FIX THE WORLD. AS FOR ME! I WILL MAKE THIS WORLD BETTER BECAUSE ALL YOU CAN SEE IS YOURSELF.

Favorite Answer

People who can't use paragraphs, or proper punctuation, did not work hard in high school, come from the ghetto, and fill their swimming pools with the blood of baby seals.

Now the statements that that you and I have made about each other are nothing more than theory, conjecture, and personal opinion. Obviously, Neither you nor I are respected scholars. What gives my statement truth is that you openly accuse military people of lacking education and discipline, yet your writing skills are atrocious and you lack even the mental strength and determination to use the spell check feature included on this web site.

It is very important that we look in the mirror before we make accusations about others, and we need to ask ourselves if we lack the same traits that we see lacking in those we persecute.

Go look in a mirror and tell me what you see. Do you see an intelligent person who should voice their educated opinion to others?

No. You don't.

Do you see an attractive young girl who can change peoples opinions with her smile?

No. You don't.

Maybe you see a self loathing, unattractive girl, who lashes out at at strangers for unknown reasons? Hating herself and projecting the very things she hates about herself unto others?

I obviously can't answer this, but you can. What is it that you hate within yourself that makes you blindly attack others without provocation?

Joining the military or furthering your education is not the answer. These things can improve you, but you will always be you.

I am sorry you are who you are.

I am working really hard in high school, this being my last year I will enlist as fast as I can. It has been a dream to SERVE MY COUNTRY(yes, some people really do want to serve the best place to be) I also am not from the ghetto and I don't mind going to war. I had friends deploy and get injured, my dad deployed several times to Iraq and its time for me to repay all of them for what they done for me.

I don't care if you don't like what they did, or think we are over there just for our own benefit but its your choice to to act like this. Oh and by the way, what makes America such a great place to live is the fact that people in it can voice there own opinion and get away with it(sometimes at least).

One last thing, I am ready to give up any amount of years of my life for America. I don't care if we are run by really rich people or I become a "Worthless Stupid Idiot who fights battles" but alteast I will have the feeling that I did something great of the people here even if they will be against me.

Thanks for giving me the motivation to continue my goal to join the Marines. I cant wait till I become a stupid idiot fighter!

*Edit- I noticed that you disagree with everyone who opposes you. If you cant accept others opinions then stop asking these questions.

Source(s): I have my own opinion, whether you are mature enough to accept it is up to you. Good luck and have a good time being American.
  • Doc

I'm sorry, I have attention deficit. I got lost somewhere in the middle of your diatribe.

I was a child of the 60's and 70's. Back then, having been born and raised in Michigan, we were all brought up to be loyal auto union workers who would stand rank and file with the Democrats. We were raised to believe that after graduating high school, we could all count on jobs working in the factories and would make good wages -- as guaranteed us by the UAW.

Then came Jimmy Carter, a man of the people. He pretty much destroyed the economy -- had to keep freezing wages and interest rates but still, we ended up seeing double digit inflation AND unemployment. Michigan shifted from being "the Winter Wonderland" to "The Welfare Wonderland."

I toured Europe in an orchestra, and when I came home, there were very few jobs. Suddenly, I could no longer afford college tuition and ended up taking jobs as a dish washer, a cook, a handyman and playing in the clubs and bars when I could get the gig. My first job paid $1.25 an hour. I was dumpster diving and melting snow to get by.

I enlisted in the Navy and went to school to practice medicine. I never looked back. Yes, I was disowned by a number of my "friends" who would later spit on me and I was even called a baby killer.

Funny, as a conservative who has been around the world five times, I've NEVER killed a baby. Not even a fetus. But a great many of those "friends" used that "option."

I retired from medicine when I turned 40. I had four great practices when I retired. I still work, but I don't worry about things like where my next meal is coming from, nor do I look to the government to provide me with health insurance.

I doubt that you have the capacity to comprehend this, but with education comes a certain amount of wisdom. And with that, there is less "drama." You learn to avoid the pit falls of stupid people. Stupidity breeds stupidity. And THOSE are the people who look to others for "hope and change."

Source(s): "Life is tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid." John Wayne Retired military, combat vet.. My oldest son now serves and he too is a combat vet.

the air force has higher standards, but surprisingly i know someone with a GED who enlisted into the AF. There is no reason to frown upon the navy, everything has a stereotype and therefore you shouldn't listen when people tell you the air force is "easy" bc it certainly isn't. Sounds to me that you need to talk to some recruiters, but be warned i've heard many things about the army, marines, and national guard recruiters being very pushy. On the other hand i know from experience that the air force is not pushy at all. So don't go visit a marine recruiter and let him talk you into signing anything right away!! In my opinion, the air force is the right way to go!

Well someone has to protect your sorry ***. I Graduated high school with a 4.0, got into college, and went for a biology major. I know a ton in biology and probably more than you will ever know, but I just don't feel that this is the right thing for me. I have a 3.2 GPA also, so I'm far from lazy or stupid. I just feel like I'd be happier working for the Navy then sitting on my butt all day in some lecture hall. You know if we weaken our defenses we are going to get attacked and probably conquered. Not every one is like 'lets sing kumbaya' or didn't you notice that a terriost got on one of our civilian planes over the holidays. The reason we still have the armed forces is to try and protect you from harm.

You are nothing more then a liberal whos blowing off some steam, the best and most respectable men in this world are in the US military, I am a high school student, i have almost all As and im a good student, I want to join the USMC beacuse that IS my dream, they sacrafice it all so u can run ur mouth like this, The Iraq war is not for oil! the first gulf war was, no one can deny it, but we did not take control of the Iraqi oil suplys, the USA is far from perfect, but closer to prefect then almost any other country, and look at your president now, Obama, a lying snake in the grass who decives and bends to special intrest and big companys, i think the left is run by big coprerations and not the right, now im not saying republicans are any better, as far i as i see it they are all snakes in the grass, we need to clean them all out, and people like you keep voting for the most corrupt of them all

How about I think that you are full of **** and are the idiot that couldn't make it through school. Maybe some people just want to better themselves in a way you probably wouldn't have the mind capacity. I grad high school, went to college and worked in lwa enforcement all my life and the military added that new level of heights that no civilian could ever understand.Hey you have the right to your own opinion I and not going to bust your balls on that but you has better be careful opening your mouth like that around anyone who has served, currently serving or have loved ones in both because things can get bad fro you and get bad quick. Just kind of grow up and think before you speak out.

This makes me mad!

I am not a citizen of the USA, but I am joining the USAF cause I want to serve in the best military in the world. In EU, where I am from, i was working for an American company as an engineer, I had a great paycheck, great apartment, vehicle, and easy life.

But i went back to the US so I could become a member of the USAF, and work for the best country there is. I wanna learn how to Fly an airplane, maybe a chopper but most of all I hope I will safe someone's life one day.

And it makes me mad that someone like you is talking crap.

If the US wouldn't have military then the stupid Muslims would take over EU, and USA.

this is the worst thing i ever heard and untrue i would love to join the military and i first of all i am going to college then law enforcement unfortuantly i cant join because of asthma but still i also live in what was ranked best to live town 10 years ago and am in one of the top 5 richest countys in america and living in a town that is 3 in that list so the ghetto part is completly untrue and even if it is some of those reasons i dont see how people are bad by trying to make something of their life in the military i actually agree with that more then college

Boo Yah! Enough said by everyone else. But the sad part is you won't listen to any of it. You've drank the kool-aid and actually believe you're better than anyone who would choose, yes I said choose, to serve this country in the military. My guess is that you're probably studying something real useful like philosophy, art history or music therapy. Good luck with your pathetic liberal life. And then you hide behind a private profile; show us what you're really about.