AR 15 Charging handles?

I have a S&W mp 15 version of the AR 15. I love the gun but I am not the biggest fan of the way that the charging handle operates. When ever i cock the gun i have to put my fingers on both sides of the rifle in order to draw back the charging handle. Does anyone know of any other styles of charging handles than the stock version? Or is there a reason to keep the stock charging handle?

• randy
    Favorite Answer

there are all kinds of tactical charging handles available. Just about any manufacturer of AR parts offers them. Just google it, ot go to any of the parts manufacturers, DPMS,MAPARTSINC.COM,BROWNELL'S etc

shoot safe

Source(s): Retired Police Officer NRA certified police firearms instructor Competition shooter (ret) Avid hunter since age 9 with: Archery Black powder firearms Handguns Modern rifles Shotguns Trained at S&W, COLT and GLOCK Armorer schools I specialize in building 1911 pistols and AR 15 rifles And ran a gun shop for many years SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM. “If you want peace, prepare for war”

No reason the keep the original. As a matter of fact, if you have a scope it may be necessary to replace.

Badger Ordnance makes a good one. It replaces the small latch with a larger handle so you can charge with one finger.

Here's one...

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumbe...

• MJ

Badger Ordnance also makes an ambidextrous charging handle. You can grab either side to operate.

Double Star also makes one of these, maybe a few other manufacturers as well.