2. A firm's organization chart will normally show both the formal and informal lines of reporting and communication.
3. Management accounting focuses primarily on providing data for:
a.internal uses by managers.
b.external uses by stockholders and creditors.
c,external uses by the Internal Revenue Service.
d.external uses by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
4. Which of the functions of management involves overseeing day-to-day activities?
b.Directing and motivating
5. Which of the following is not one of the three basic activities of a manager?
c.Directing and motivating
d.Compiling management accounting reports
6. Variable costs per unit are affected by changes in activity.
7. The salary paid to the president of King Company would be classified on the income statement as a(n):
b.direct labor cost.
c.manufacturing overhead cost.
8. Property taxes on a company's factory building would be classified as a(n):
9. A cost incurred in the past that is not relevant to any current decision is classified as a(n):
10. The cost of warranty repairs would be classified as a(n):
c.internal failure cost.
d.external failure cost.