Do I have to pay adminstrators of Company that went bust?

I bought an MFI kitchen just before it went into administration but they failed to take payment from me.I tried to find someway of paying it but nobody had any record of me or my order at the time. A year later I received a letter from an administration company who had bough the debt asking for the money I had... show more I bought an MFI kitchen just before it went into administration but they failed to take payment from me.I tried to find someway of paying it but nobody had any record of me or my order at the time.

A year later I received a letter from an administration company who had bough the debt asking for the money I had owed to MFI. Stupidly I had spent the money on other things as I thought it would never come to light. My partner has now lost his job and I can't afford to pay them back, they have agreed to let me pay monthly and there is a payment due on the 15th of this month.

If I cant pay them do they have the same rights as a normal finance company to send my details to a debt recovery company where I would get default notices or CCJ etc? I have not signed a contract with them and I have heard they only spend so much time trying to get debts in and who would it be benefiting if I paid it anyway?

Any answers would be appreciated.