When praying to God is it necessary to utter a conclusion of 'in Jesus name'?

Jehovah's Witnesses do so, but most say it without realizing that nowhere does Jesus teach this type of prayer.

Can you show where Jesus said to pray (not come or be drawn to God) but to pray in this manner?

TT and others have shown that apparently one must pray in this manner.

But how do you rationalize that all the millions of prayers offered in Jesus name go unanswered? Surely no one can prove that Jesus has answered every prayer in his name, can you?

Favorite Answer

Not a JW nor a former JW.

John 14:14

NIV

You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

NLT

Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it!

ESV

If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.

NASB

"If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.

ISV

If you ask me for anything in my name, I will do it."

GWT

If you ask me to do something, I will do it.

KJV AV

If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

_______

Unanswered prayers -

If such does not transpire it is not the will of God. We need search diligently that what we desire aligns with the will of God.

•Jesus; "" if to be the glory of God through Him it will be so"" See link verses 13 and 14

_______

GWT

"Father, if it is your will, take this cup [of suffering] away from me. However, your will must be done, not mine."

KJV AV

Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

_______

GWT

Let your kingdom come. Let your will be done on earth as it is done in heaven.

KJV AV

Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

_______

For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

_______

GWT

God wants you to silence the ignorance of foolish people by doing what is right.

KJV AV

For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:

Depends on what flavor of dogma you subscribe to.

There are some passages in the bible that claim (falsely) that anything you ask for in Jesus' name God will do. These people have had that repeated to them so many times and had so many lies told to them about what God did for so-and-so because he asked in Jesus' name, that they believe it, so they think by uttering the magic words, they can get what they want.

But they have rationalizations for why you don't get what you want.

Either:

1. You don't have true faith. (implication: It's your fault God didn't answer your prayers.)

2. God will get around to it. (implication: Your kid doesn't really need the new liver BEFORE he dies.)

3. God determines which prayers he will answer affirmatively. (implication: the biblical claim is false, but they won't come right out and say that because the official line is the bible is all true, even when it conflicts with the facts.)

Regardless of the excuse, what it all boils down to is that for whatever reason, prayers asked in Jesus's name don't work any more often than any other form of wishful thinking, unless another human being happens to overhear your prayer and decide to help you out.

• Gypsy

When praying, do not say the same things over and over again, just as the people of the nations do, for they imagine they will get a hearing for their use of many words.”—Matthew 6:7.

Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth. Give us today our bread for this day; and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And do not bring us into temptation, but deliver us from the wicked one.”—Matthew 6:9-13

You cannot get to the father but only throught he son..

Prayers must also be offered in the name of God's Son, Jesus Christ. (John 14:6

Prayer is awesome...

Source(s): "Keep on asking, and it will be given you; keep on seeking, and you will find; keep on knocking, and it will be opened to you. For everyone asking receives, and everyone seeking finds, and to everyone knocking it will be opened."—LUKE 11:9, 10.

John 16 26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:

If we want for our prayers to be answered we must pray in Jesus name...Chloe has given you many scriptures confirming this...

• RC

The practice of praying "in Jesus name", is not meant as a signature.

But as a reminder that we are believing for our prayer to be answered inasmuch as it is according to Jesus will.

And it is also a reminder to us that our ability to come before the Father to make our petition is based upon our standing in Jesus.

if you are asking for something you add that because Jesus said to ask in His name. But if you are just praising God and giving Him glory or coming to Him with a prayer of thanksgiving, you dont have to. (John 14:13 is the verse for you to check out)

Jesus is not God he is the son of God. You should pray to God in the name of Jesus

• Sharon

Who died on the cross for your sins? Does it not make sense then to pray to Jesus?

I was trained to do so, and I continue to do so out of respect for my Lord. I will have to give this question some thought.

Note: I do not think Jesus will bind you to the Works of using his name...It would not be a deal breaker but once you knew that he asked us to do it that way, I would continue to do it out of respect.

I did not know that JW's did this. Interesting.

We do pray in Jesus name, He is our mediator. It is in Hebrews.