what's the best way to clean out plastic bottles?

i want to make ginger ale in plastic bottles. I have some used juice bottles I want to clean out. What's the best way to clean them out. Thanks!

• edie
    Favorite Answer

good soap and hot water or vinegar and baking soda. the vinegar and baking soda is going to fuzz up so don't be surprised and let it stand for awhile and a bottle washer so that you can get all the way down in the curves of the bottle.and rinse out with hot water from the tap(faucet)

• STEVE

Do not use plastic drinking water bottles. Use glass or plastic bottles from a U-Brew-Wine-Beer-Supply-Store c/w NEW lids or caps. They have to be strong enough to prevent exploding which they can and will do.

To clean bottles use Chloro-Clean and rinse twice. Sterilize by internal rinsing with a Sulphite Solution.

You need to do some serious research about bottling and home-brew first bub.

http://stv.smugmug.com/

Pop bottles work also. Go to a U-Brew and get a sanitizer also a mixture of water and bleach will also do the trick.Use 1 tablespoon of Regular-Bleach per gallon of water. Do not wash them with dish soap.

Ive have been given this answer! have confidence it or no longer peanut butter! Lather some on and flow away it in one day - and it would all wipe off day after immediately. I had a label on my new dishwasher and maximum of it got here off different than for the sticky stuff and the peanut butter worked! so a ways it has worked on each and every thing with a label that I actual have had to do away with! reliable good fortune

I wouldn't do it with plastic bottles if I were you.

http://environment.about.com/od/healthenvironment/...

• ?

... soap & hot water & scrub with a baby bottle brush- rinse & dry upside down on a dish towel ...