Songs with poetry terms/devices in them?

HI! For school I have to find lyrics to a song that utilizes different poetry terms (such as onomatopoeia, alliteration, assonance, consonance, etc.) I'm having a hard time finding a song because the music I listen to is mostly Musical Theatre genre. Anyway, I was wondering If you could please suggest some poetic songs? you don't have to tell me what term are in them, just the song name and who it's by. all help is appreciated and Thank-you in advance

Favorite Answer
  • Karin

Hello LyricxTOlife, Because I'm a poet, you'd expect me to say, "poetry", but, just like another answerer said, songs can be listened to while you're doing other things. And consider this, all songs started out as poems and jingle-verse. Then later, music was added to give the poem "life". [...for example: learning the alphabet was made a lot easier to remember when it was set to music...] If poems weren't written first, songs wouldn't have taken shape. I carry my MP3 player everywhere I go. OK???