Why do Americans keep saying that Chinese government restricts internet?

Hello! I am a Chinese netizens. I hear western media and leaders falsely accusing the Chinese government restricting the Internet’s “free flow of information”, so called “open and free network”, “do not restrict the use and access of the internet”, I felt baffled.

First of all, Chinese government does not restrict internet users to use and access the Internet. I am a commentary writer; I spend most of my free time on the internet, looking for news, looking for different angles, writing reviews, expressing my views and opinions, and sometimes giving my personal comments and suggestions to the Government. So far, I have published thousands of articles, millions of words on uncountable websites like People’s daily, Xinhua and China Net etc. The government never give me any warnings and notices to tell me not go get on the internet or not to express my personal views.

Secondly, I do not find information on the network unable to flow freely. 9 Am this morning, I turned on my computer, and went on People’s Daily, Xinhua, China News, Sina, Sohu, Netease, IFeng and other major websites. I can open and view information about politics, economic, military, sports, entertainment and current affairs. I sent an email to my friend “Yixiao”and Netizen “Yixiao” got my email quickly. I also chat with my friends on QQ group and never was affected by anything or noticed any information not able to flow.

Why western media keep bashing China for restricting internet?

Favorite Answer

Because if you post anything bad about the government the Chinese officials will be all over you in seconds. I'm Chinese too, but I live in Canada. China doesn't even have YouTube.

Dewcoons is right. I just saw an American news show, Good Morning America. They said Google was deciding whether or not to pull out of the search engine business with China because of the filters. It's too much work and restrictions for the money Google said.

My Chinese friends can't even look at the youtube links I send them and their facebook accounts got blocked.

So if that's not censorship then I don't know what is.

Source(s): I'm Chinese too btw but born in America

You must be chinese PR. + your silly penguin saying "a-ha!"

google Tibet and see what happens

they do my chinese friend cant even use youtube lol

they do huh!