Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Annie G asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

What is a good legitimate discount dental plan?

I have done some research and have decided againt Ameriplan and am leaning towards AVIA, Careington Care, or Unicare. Does anyone have these Dental plans and used and are they good or another legitimate dental care plan that is good?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

My favorite that I accept in my office is Delta Dental. I will caution you to be very careful about what type of plan you sign up for. As the old rule applies very heavily within the dental community, you get what you pay for. Of course there is always extremes but a high quality crown runs around 1100-1500 in the Atlanta Area, just to give you an idea. So many of these discount plans make dentist work on getting in as many people as possible and are less concerned with providing the patient with the best treatment possible.

Source(s): I am a Dentist
  • 5 years ago

You can also just shop around - dentists like to make deals to get the business.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.