How do i get signed as a singer/songwriter to a big name company like Big Machine Records?

I love to sing, mostly country music. I'm pretty amazing, with pitch and sound. I sometimes go flat on a couple notes. but for a 14 year old, i have a quite strong voice. my dad wants me to be on American Idol in a couple years and the rest of my family agrees along with all of my friends. I sing at church sometimes and was just asked to sing lead on a saturday night by the lead singer/guitarist of the band. i've wanted to be a singer like my entire life, and i loooove country music. I don't know what to do in order to get a record deal by a big name. singing is my passion and it's my biggest dream. when people like my voice, it's like a boy calling me beautiful. singing means everything to me, and i really hope i have a future in it.

main question: How do I get signed?

hahahha(: and nope, i never actually played the american idol game. i heard it's not very based on pitch or anything. i wouldn't be on american idol because it's too many of the same people. except carrie underwood, she's AMAZING! i hope i could meet her one day. (:

Yes, i do write songs. maybe i should add one. lol. and my songs AREN'T all about a boy who i want to go out with, lol. i'm not taylor swift. and taylor swift is so flat if you've actually heard her sing.

Favorite Answer

start a youtube account. get a big growing fan based. i am on the same boat you are. I want it as well. Maybe try out for america's got talent. it has NO AGE LIMIT!!!!!!!

• Shadow

Get in a (good) band, who are serious about it

That means practicing every day, etc

Then get gigs, build up a local following

Then start breaching out

Do this, and you have a extremely small chance that you will get noticed

There no easy way, and anything like X Factor, American Idol is useless for anyone with talent or want to write there own stuff

Keep singing at church, start singing in competitions. Start a youtube channel with your singing, record your vocals and TAKE them to record companies. Even though the odds of them listening to it is slim, keep pressing if you actually want it. Also, make sure singing is your passion and dream. If you're in it just to be famous, then forget it. You won't make it. But if its really your dream, than keep going at it. Its not going to happen over night. But with persistance, hard work, hope, you can do anything. Dont listen to everyone saying you can't, odds of that happening are none, because YOU GET ONE LIFE. ARE YOU GOING TO LET SOMEONE TELL YOU WHAT YOU CAN AND CANNOT DO WITH IT? Good luck! If you make, be sure to mention me! :DS

,it cost lots of money ,recording studio for pro recording 3 songs ,send to recording Co, but i would say start to write songs ,buy a song writing book ,it will explain a lot and give you a in site into the music seen,so keep up your dream and good luck,, try american idle it will be all experience .

Source(s): songwriter
  • saq428

Any more all you have to do is land yourself a Disney television show. Doesn't matter if you can sing or not, they will fix that in the studio. Music industry sucks right now.

are you sure you're good? or did you just play the american idol video game...................