How many people have died because of 'third rail electrocution?

With snow piled up on the rail many workers used to have to get out and shovel the rails clear. They would have to cut the 650 volt DC power to prevent accidental injury or death to the workers. Now they have other methods of snow removal, but that made me wonder if these kids today are aware of the danger from the... show more With snow piled up on the rail many workers used to have to get out and shovel the rails clear. They would have to cut the 650 volt DC power to prevent accidental injury or death to the workers. Now they have other methods of snow removal, but that made me wonder if these kids today are aware of the danger from the third rail.
Update: James H! snow is not a good insulator and can hide the rail under the protection board wher it can be touched by a steel wet handled shovel. a dog peed on the rail and somehow yelled away, the stream must have broken?