Kay asked in SportsWrestling · 1 decade ago

What does promo mean?

I'm new to yahoo. I just wan't to know when the E-fed owners says please promo what does that mean?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It means to give a speech to build up excitement for the rivarly.

• 1 decade ago

right basically a promo is a segment where the wrestler/manager gets on the mic and starts talking bout an upcoming match or wrestler to help build a feud there are a few different situations that can happen in a promo. you can cut a humourous promo which is just messing with the opponent (ecample what edge did with sheamus on raw) there is the serious promo where the wrestlers just cut to the point and usually have a stare down (john cena does a lot of these) after one with a stare down there is almost always a fight. and another type of promo is a talk show promo as in the abraham washington show the highlight real carlito's cabana the peep show even word up is kind of a promo (although they build themselves never an opponent).

if you are curious bout any other term wikipedia has a great page for wrestling terms.

• 1 decade ago

That means that you have to cut a promo as you have to say something to your opponent and brag about things if you're a heel or say in your own words that you'll try your best if you're a heel. Just like Randy Orton, John Cena, Triple H or Shawn Michaels cut promos on Raw saying "I'll win at next PPV" That's a promo. But in an e-fed you can't end your promo in just a line or two, you have to write a long promo, at least double the size of this answer.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

What they mean is a kayfabe speech, meaning they play characters in the efed and do what wrestlers do and talk in kayfabe about their 'life' or such and such

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John R
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

its a wrestling term for an interview/talking

• 1 decade ago

Are you kidding me?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.