A question for Canadians - do you feel as if you have little to no disposable income?

Since we "pay so much in taxes to support social programs," it means that the average Canadian would probably not have much left at the end of the day after paying all of those taxes, right? I don't feel this way, but I also have gotten a full income tax refund every year since I was 18, because of... show more Since we "pay so much in taxes to support social programs," it means that the average Canadian would probably not have much left at the end of the day after paying all of those taxes, right? I don't feel this way, but I also have gotten a full income tax refund every year since I was 18, because of things like tuition and education credits, student loan credits, child amounts, daycare claims, and at-home business write-offs. So, am I the norm or the exception? Do people in our country feel as though they are living paycheck to paycheck because of our "exorbitantly high tax rates?"
Update: Sorry to those people who think that I'm a "drain on society." I work hard, as does my husband. I just feel priviledged to live in a country that recognizes that it can be difficult to get on your feet while you are in your early 20's, going to school, and starting a family, and offers incentives... show more Sorry to those people who think that I'm a "drain on society." I work hard, as does my husband. I just feel priviledged to live in a country that recognizes that it can be difficult to get on your feet while you are in your early 20's, going to school, and starting a family, and offers incentives to help out. That being said, I know that the time is coming soon where my credits will run out, and I'll start having to pay tax normally, like everyone else. I don't plan to be a drain on society in any way. I have a professional career, as does my husband, and, being young, we don't tend to take out of social programs too much at this point in our lives. I was just curious as to how others felt about out taxation levels.