Did you ever see Adam and Eve this way?

Hey there. I'm 14, and I was researching religion one day for my writing. The story of Adam and Eve fascinates me even though I don't believe it to be true. I have many thoughts on the story, and the most pertinent is this: Have you ever realized that Eve is being punished for being curious and attempting... show more Hey there. I'm 14, and I was researching religion one day for my writing. The story of Adam and Eve fascinates me even though I don't believe it to be true. I have many thoughts on the story, and the most pertinent is this: Have you ever realized that Eve is being punished for being curious and attempting independence?

It seems to me that God, in this story, is being something of a control freak in not letting Eve believe what she wants to. He goes on and punishes the rest of humanity for one act of curiosity and temptation. With such forces acting rampantly in our modern day society, I honestly don't get what the big deal is. Eve takes an apple from a forbidden tree. It's not all that different from what modern teenagers do on a regular basis.

The fact that the tree is the "Tree of Knowledge" is just too much for me. Has anyone else ever seen this? Rude comments will not be tolerated.