Why do kids do drugs?

I remember in elementary school, our teachers/principles/cops/parents/EVERYONE, told us to never do drugs. They always told us stories about how drugs can ruin our lives and our families lives, and it can even ruin our future! And I am seeing kids (that I went to elementary school with) doing drugs and nasty things! It's like they didn't understand the words, "DON'T DO DRUGS"?

Why do kids do drugs when they were told a hundered times not to!!????

41 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Very good question.

Drugs are mostly poisons, but most kids liked being babies and continue to want to be the focus of attention. Doing drugs gives them the illusion that they are.

But some drugs are beneficial, for instance marijuana is beneficial for schizophrenia and some irrational fears, and there are many kids whose home and school lives have started them along those routes.

Then again, kids need ways to create their own identities distinct from their elders, and believe (incorrectly) that one way to do this is to do something the elders say don't do.

So I guess it's more complicated that what you are taught in school. School gives you the simple message, which anyone can understand. You're looking for truth, which is different.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Because the human brain is not fully developed until age 25. They are in a race to make sure that their brains are damaged before maturity.

Kids do not think their actions through. They don't have the intelligence to realize that the things they do effect their bodies for the rest of their lives. They just arbitrarily DO things. Out of boredom or because their friends want them to. They don't care about themselves or anyone else, they just want to do things that may be Fun. It doesn't matter that their parents love them and that their families and loved ones lives will be over if anything bad happens to the stupid drug soaked morons . Doesn't matter to the little idiots how many hearts they break or how much pain they are causing. It's all about FUN.

• rowsey
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

relies upon what drugs. Weed and pot, that is exciting. It does not somewhat harm you (ok you smoke it, yet extra useful nevertheless than cigarettes which a great style of youth do). you're able to have a blast, you could calm down, it facilitates with any issues, and that is not bodily addictive. problematic drugs, are frequently experementation. you desire to attempt it, and you do it as quickly as, or you love it and get hooked. relies upon how reliable your dedication is. Small stuf e.g. mushrooms, are returned experements, even with the incontrovertible fact that extra youth try this because of the fact that is relitively low-priced and that they love the outcomes... even with the incontrovertible fact that that's a slippery slope in case you get onto 'shrooms and the likes. in specific circumstances that is going to likely be peer rigidity, yet ninety 5% of the time that is experementing or in basic terms attempting something new. With weed and pot, absolutely everyone who believes the hype remains faraway from it, eighty% of human beings i comprehend who've tried it have not ever had drug issues, and something carry with the incorrect crowd.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

it depends on the drug. i do not do any harmful drugs. but i do smoke pot. and it is not bad for you like they said in elementary school. pot is shouldnt even be considered a drug bc its a plant. and pot is not even addicting, its been proven. all the other drugs have like bad chemicals & they are just really bad for you. so i agree with you some what here. if people are doing like hardcore drugs it is stupid bc they can get addicted & it can ruin all that stuff like you said.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

It's pure and simple that kids do drugs because their stupid friends are doing it. I am proud to say I never succumbed to peer pressure...not that many people ever asked me to do drink, smoke or do drugs. They probably knew I'd say no anyway since I was such a goody goody in high school.

• Influence. They watch tv shows or find stuff online or see older kids doing drugs theirself. Drugs sometimes make kids feel good after a family issue or trauma. Peer pressure could also be a factor and just doing drugs for the sake of being cool.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Some kids want to be popular, and they think that doing drugs and other things like that will make them cooler. Other kids really just don't care what other people say, and they do it anyway. Some kids use drugs to feel better about themselves or life in general, and others do it just because they think it's fun @ parties.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Refusing drugs can be hard for some students especially for those who have:

Family members who abuse drugs. A family member's drug use can cause some students to think drug use is normal. It's not.

Low self-esteem. Some students use drugs because they don't like themselves. But using drugs only harms self-esteem.

Been abused. Physical, emotional and sexual abuse hurt! Some students use drugs to hide their hurt. But using drugs never removes the pain.

Trouble in school. Some students use drugs to try to cope with the pressures of school or to hide feelings of failure. As a result, their schoolwork suffers even more.

A need to fit in. Some students use drugs because their friends do. They don't see that they're "fitting into" a very dangerous situation.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Peer Pressure

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

not-carefull parents

bad Idols

following the crowd and listening to bad friends

Love to act like Adults

think "FUN" means "doin-dirty-stuff"

listen with one ear and kick it out with the other

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.