Who's next for Serra?

Who do you suggest he fight next?

Favorite Answer

Hughes/Serra wouldn't really be a big deal. I don't think it would be. I'd say fighting against Marcus Davis, Ben Saunders or Ellenberger. Those guys aren't in the top 10 and would help any fighter show they worthiness to be in the top 10. After a few fights for Serra if he is successful he can go up to top 10.

If Serra is looking to get another title shot then he needs to be fighting the top welterweights; Fitch, Kos or Alves. I honestly don't see Serra getting back to that level and those fighter don't have much to gain by beating Serra. Other options could be Swick coming off 2 loss, Nate Diaz or Marcus Davis.

I would suggest Phil Baroni. A win would not really mean much but it is a very marketable fight with the 2 veteran New Yorkers.

If I was Serra's management I would suggest a fight with Matt Huges.

Hughes is 36 years of age and is potentially vulnerable to Serra at this time. I'm not sure if Serra would beat Hughes, but the publicity he would get for beating Hughes would be enough to propel him into potentially being beat down by St. Pierre again.

Hughes is the safest next step for Serra if Serra wants to secure a few more big pay days.

JJ needs to go look up Matt Serra! and get his **** straight

I say he sould fight Anthony Johnson next, cuzz most likely hes gonna beat John Howards ***... and if Serra wins (a good win) give him GSP again.

serra-hughes has been done... I would say he should go for Alves or Koscheck and try to stay in the hunt with the contenders.