promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Who's next for Serra?

Who do you suggest he fight next?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hughes/Serra wouldn't really be a big deal. I don't think it would be. I'd say fighting against Marcus Davis, Ben Saunders or Ellenberger. Those guys aren't in the top 10 and would help any fighter show they worthiness to be in the top 10. After a few fights for Serra if he is successful he can go up to top 10.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

If Serra is looking to get another title shot then he needs to be fighting the top welterweights; Fitch, Kos or Alves. I honestly don't see Serra getting back to that level and those fighter don't have much to gain by beating Serra. Other options could be Swick coming off 2 loss, Nate Diaz or Marcus Davis.

I would suggest Phil Baroni. A win would not really mean much but it is a very marketable fight with the 2 veteran New Yorkers.

• 1 decade ago

If I was Serra's management I would suggest a fight with Matt Huges.

Hughes is 36 years of age and is potentially vulnerable to Serra at this time. I'm not sure if Serra would beat Hughes, but the publicity he would get for beating Hughes would be enough to propel him into potentially being beat down by St. Pierre again.

Hughes is the safest next step for Serra if Serra wants to secure a few more big pay days.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

JJ needs to go look up Matt Serra! and get his **** straight

I say he sould fight Anthony Johnson next, cuzz most likely hes gonna beat John Howards ***... and if Serra wins (a good win) give him GSP again.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

serra-hughes has been done... I would say he should go for Alves or Koscheck and try to stay in the hunt with the contenders.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.