What is a good electric guitar under 325 US dollars?

i like santana, joe satriani, jimi hendrix. this is going to be my first one (meaning i need recommendation for amp and pick too)

also, can any electric guitar play like a jazz guitar or heavy metal?

• Q.Z.
    Favorite Answer

try an epiphone model or a squier model.

these models are owned by gibson and fender (respectively) so they are good quality guaranteed. they have their own versions of the famous guitars like the les paul, explorer, stratocaster, telecaster, jazz master, etc. but a lot cheaper.

for amps, i suggest either a peavey or a marshall. fender is good too.

for picks you can choose between plastic, nylon, and latex. dunlop is my fav brand but fender is good too.

yes but it'll sound a tiny bit different. not too noticeable for a beginner.

• Based on who you referenced as your influences, the most versatile and long lasting guitar you could buy would be a Fender Strat. Some people would disagree, but a strat is a good choice because it emulates other sounds well depending on your amp and effects pedals.

Get a medium-thickness pick and any "starter" kind of amp. Put your money into the guitar, practice like a maniac, and you'll be good.

If you need an instructional dvd, see the source links.

Peace,

Andrew

Source(s): www.musiciansfriend.com www.sweetwater.com http://www.amazon.com/Musicians-Toolbox-Learn-Guit...
  • Mark

For your style, Fender Squire Strat which is about $140. Amp: Roland Micro Cube which is about $80. As for picks, try out light, medium, and heavy picks and see which you like best. Personally, I prefer Dunlop Jazz 3 picks.

It's all a matter of taste - go to a store and try them all out.

Schechter makes a great guitar for not much money, also Cort, Ibanaz and Yamaha of course.

Source(s): Good luck.

I'd get the Squire Standard Strat, not the Bullet or Affinity. It runs $229 and is a great guitar.

For a reasonal price, IBANEZ is an excellent guitar!!! I have seen them on sale for $300!! I MAY BUY ONE SOME DAY!!! I want the strat style!! CHECK EM OUT!!!!

well for 25 dollars more, you can get a dean evo dragster, that was my first guitar

any epiphone or gibson will be good

and a marshall or vox amp

Source(s): been playing guitar for 6 years