EXCEL 2007 wont save my custome sort?

I custom sorted a table i created in excel but i want it to sort automatically every time in input more figures. But i have to re-highlight the table and do custom sort every time. I have microsoft excel 2007. It sorts highest number in Column C first and if Column C has the same figure it will sort the highest figure in Column D.

Example

Name # Cash

John Doe 5 1,0000

Jane Doe 5 2,0000

It will sort and make Jane go on top since she has the most cash but the # is the same as John. I want to be able to type figures in and the table automatically move them in the right order.

Favorite Answer

In researching your question, I found that there's not a way to auto-update the sort. You will need to do the custom sort and just click OK (no changes to the sort itself) every time you wish to do the sort.

Update: I did find a macro script in a forum that may work:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/microsoft-support/...

Source(s): Research

Convert the data to a table - refer to this link for full details.

http://tech.kateva.org/2012/11/excel-2007-and-2010...

When it converts to a table, it adds filters but these can be removed and the table will still function. You can also change the colour scheme if necessary.

sure, yet you need to do yet another table for that - Create a itemizing of unique products in yet another variety of cells (Or sheet) on your occasion: purple Yellow Blue - Paste SUMIF functionality interior the subsequent cellular like this =SUMIF( A:A, G1, B:B) Assuming your long huge record is in column A, the values you prefer to sum in column B and the unique record is in column G - Then Fill that cellular donw to cover all your values Then do the kind for this new table G and H solid success VBAXLMan