How much is the connection/activation fee for NV Energy?

I am getting married next month and in the process of finding a home i have applied for new service with NV Energy but the website avoids the topic like the plague... do you know how much new service connection or activation is?

Favorite Answer

I purchased my house in 2007 and have good credit and did not pay an activation or connection fee. I did have a separate bill from my apartment. I moved here in 2006 and paid on time, and just did the conversion. So, if you or the spouse have an account, it should not cost you anything to hook up.

As for gas. I have gas in the house. I come from NJ where it was all in one. I never gave it any thought and figured it was part of my NV bill. It was shut off and I had to go in person to get it reconnected. There was no charge to begin service, but, due to my stupidity, I did have to post a $100 deposit for the service. By the end of 12 months, they recredited the deposit to my acct, so got like free service for 2 months.

Both companies have very good customer support if you want to call them on the phone. I have never had to wait for a live rep.

Good luck to you

Nv Energy New Service

• HD

depends how your credit is and if you've had previous service with them.