If Hezbollah attacks Israel from Lebanon, would Israel be wrong to react against Lebanon?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/artic...

According to the article above, Hezbollah has dispersed its long-range-rocket sites deep into northern Lebanon. The article below talks about how Israel may attack Lebanon.

http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/index.php/news/...

But if Hezbollah attacks Israel from Lebanon, will Israel be wrong to react against Lebanon?

(In my view, it would be right for Israel to retaliate unless Israel had started the fight.)

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

israel should be free to defend itself from attack

and lebanon should do something about the terrorists in its midst

turning a blind eye to these murderers allows them to grow and to continue to receive finance from terrorist sponsors like those in iran

Source(s): i bet some anti-israelis will say they should not retalliate to attack etc....but these would be the same people supporting the terrorists who fight the allied troops in iraq and afghanistan......
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Hmm... recent history ring any bells?

Because didn't they do just that a few years ago?

Anyway, I'm just a little cynical when the only source quoted source for the range and numbers of these 'long range' missiles (because that's not long range, it's medium) is an IDF Brigadier General.

It is in his interest to build up the threat. That way when Hezbollah lob missiles into Israel (which they undoubtedly will) he's already established the mandate for rolling all the way up to Beirut. And interestingly they would have to invade through UN units; I wonder how that would go down with Israel's usual allies?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Since there are no rules in love or war and Israelis have their own set of rules, I would not be surprised by any reaction that Israel takes against Lebanon.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Israel would be perfectly within its rights to do so. Part of being a sovereign nation is the responsibility for military attacks against other sovereign nations launched from its territory. If Lebanon doesn't wish to take responsibility for subduing terrorist scum operating from its territory, perhaps it should invite the Israelis in to take care of the problem.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Clearly, Israel needs to defend itself against rocket attacks. It doesn't matter where the attacks come from, they are entitled to retaliate against their attackers.

• nlv
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Thought they tried that in 1983?

If a state can not keep control of their own territory then they should invite the forces of the country being attacked or the UN to deal with the issue.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Israel will again kick Hezbollah's azz like they did last time and will do again if the rockets rain on Israell! This time, I hope they don't stop until they have wiped them out!

• 1 decade ago

No. Israel would be in the right to attack given that situation.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My take on that region is this....The Muslim religion didn't even exist till about 600 years AFTER the jews were in Israel and the Muslims took that area in campaigns so they have no claim in reality.

There are no "Palestinians" they are all refugees from other lands so Israel should just purge them all burn that mosque to the ground and say phuck you.

• 1 decade ago

Agreed .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.