Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 years ago

Questions to Jehovah Witnesses?

I have been reading about the religion for a while now and thinking of joining the church, although I still have some questions regarding the religion like their many rules, I read how you can not speak to people who are not Jehovah Witnesses is that true, and what day do Jehovah Witnesses go to church? Also do Jehovah Witnesses beleive in Jesus and that Jesus died for their sins? Also what is a church ceremony like at a jehovah witness church? And do you baptize in the name of the father son and holy spirit?

Favorite Answer

Jehovah's Witness organization distorts the essential doctrines of Christianity. It denies the deity of Christ, His physical resurrection, and salvation by grace. This alone makes it non-Christian. To support its erring doctrines, the Watchtower organization (which is the author and teacher of all official Jehovah's Witness theology), has even altered the Bible to make it agree with its changing and non-Christian teachings.

Typical with cults that use the Bible to support its position is a host of interpretive errors:

* Taking verses out of their immediate context.

* Refusing to read verses in the entire biblical context.

* Inserting their theological presuppositions into the text.

* Altering the Biblical text to suit their needs.

* Latching onto one verse to interpret a host of others.

* Changing the meanings of words.

* Proclaiming some passages to be figurative when they contradict their doctrines.

* Adding to the Word of God.

Additionally, the Jehovah's Witness organization requires of its members regular weekly attendance at their "Bible Study" meetings where they are repeatedly indoctrinated with anti-Christian teachings. This is done by reading the Watchtower magazine, following along with what it says, reading the questions it asks, and reciting the answers it gives. In other words, the Watchtower Organization carefully trains its members to let the Organization do their thinking for them. For confirmation of this, please read Does the Watchtower organization control the JW's thinking?

The Witnesses are told they will be persecuted when they go door to door teaching their doctrines. They are further told that this is simply the enemy fighting against God's organization because they are in "the truth." So, when someone disagrees with them, they are conditioned to reflect on what the Watchtower has told them. They then feel confirmed in being in God's true organization on earth (like all cults claim). They are strongly encouraged to have friends and acquaintances that are only JW's, thereby keeping outside examination to a minimum. They are told to shun those who leave their group, for in this way there is no way to see why someone has left and no way to find out that they are in error from those who have found the truth in Christ. They are conditioned to shy away from any real biblically knowledgeable person. An example of this is frequently found on the Internet. I was once banned from a Jehovah's Witness chat room after I not only answered their objections to the Trinity and deity of Christ, but challenged them in return. Subsequently, my name was passed around to all other Jehovah's Witness rooms where I was banned from them as well. This is a frequent occurrence on the Internet where the Jehovah's Witnesses are alive and well. It is obvious that critical examination of their doctrines is not encouraged by the Watchtower Organization.

The Jehovah's Witnesses consider themselves to be Christians because they believe they are serving the true and living God. Like many cults, they think they are the only true church on earth. Yet, they deny the Trinity, the deity of Christ, the personhood of the Holy Spirit, Jesus' physical resurrection, and salvation by grace through faith.

The Jehovah's Witnesses are discouraged from looking into Jehovah's Witness history or old Watchtower literature which is replete with contradictions, altered doctrines, and false prophecies. Instead, they are indoctrinated repeatedly against basic Christian doctrines (Trinity, deity of Christ, etc.) and into the notion that they alone are the true servants of God and that all others are either in "Christendom" or simply unbelievers.

Primarily, the Jehovah's Witness organization is a mind-control organization that uses its people to pass out literature and send in "donations" to the headquarters in Brooklyn, New York.

"Thus the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe that they can interpret the Bible."1

The Watchtower organization of the Jehovah's Witnesses is a non-Christian organization that uses its people to promulgate false doctrines, and collects "contributions" for distribution of a multitudinous amount of literature, and expand its grip into the lives of its members and their families.

It is a non-Christian cult.

• rob1m25 years agoReport

Jehovah is not an accurate translation of gods name, YHWH. Do your own research, don't just believe what the 'society tells you to believe.

• Oh my goodness,Witnesses may speak to non members everyonce in a while but if someone is disconnected from the church then nobody will speak to that person,even if they are your son/daughter.

Thats a messed up thing to do

• gmoney5 years agoReport

all religions have dissfellowship policies but only JWs take a stance on it. any other religion the religious leaders can do whatever they want but when a member does something they tell them they are going to Hell. so I like the JWs better

Jonathan made an interesting comment

"To qualify for baptism you have to first become an unbaptized publisher by regular meeting attendance, participation in field service, ability to answer Bible questions from the heart and having studied with a Witness"

He is correct in this and this should be a red light to anyone considering becoming a JW. The bible shows us by examples of people getting baptized in Jesus' time and the only requirement was that they had faith in Jesus. Nowhere in the bible will you find that in order to be publicly baptized that you must attend two meetings regularly a week, go door to door preaching, or answer 60 questions in front of an elder. These ideas have been manufactured by their Governing Body. They also ask you as to whether you will accept being known as a JW, associated with it's organization. Again this cannot be found in the bible.

As for associating with people who are not JWs they will strongly discourage you from doing this and they have not been totally honest with this question when answering you. They even have a title for these people whom they call 'Wordly People'. They also accuse these 'wordly people' of being caught in Satan the Devils snare. Fortunately, they do have the sense to realize that they do need to communicate with Wordly people, whether that be at work, school, with other family members or for many other daily activities but unnecessary socializing with these same people is strongly discouraged. You will be regarded as spiritually week if you do so and if you happen to have 'special privelages' within the congregation then they may be withdrawn from you. If you were to date a non believer you will be 'marked' and avoided.

If you ever decide to leave the religion and no longer want to be known as a JW you will be shunned by every other member in the congregation including you family.

• Aylett6 years agoReport

Ok, so you started of ok but then your comment went very distorted and became distastefully untruthful. I suggest that next time, before you ask a question, you do proper research because spreading untruths benefits no one.

Jehovah witnesses, very much so believe in Jesus, that's why we commemorate his death every year, saying we're a cult is very untrue, we live our life by bible standards, staying away from sexual immorality, drunkard states, voting , pagan holidays, anything that goes against bible principle we refrain from, which helps us to live a more spiritual life, which is absent from things today , it's not true that we only speak to other Jehovah witnesses, were in the ministry preaching the good news of Gods kingdom to none witnesses, and we do this because we love our neighbors, the bible compares our days to Noah days because " they took no note" until the deluge came upon them. Likewise today Jehovah people preaches from door to door even though we face ones that's very negative toward our work but we keep doing gods will, feel free to look at our website, Jehovah desires no one to be lost.

You should definitely join the church! We refer to our places of meeting as "Kingdom Halls" and we see the religion as a way of life. We are definitely allowed to speak to those who aren't Jehovah's Witnesses and we preach door to door to teach people about the Bible, as Jesus told his followers to do so. My congregation meets at the Kingdom Halls on Wednesdays and Sunday but it might be different in your location. However they all meet at the Hall twice a week, once during the week and once on the weekend. Speak to one of us when we call at your door or visit our website http://www.jw.org/en/

We believe in Jesus and we pray to Jehovah God through his son Christ Jesus. At our midweek meetings we sing praises, take part in a school to help us become effective teachers, discuss highlights from the Bible and topical issues in the area. On the weekend meeting we study the Bible by means of The Watchtower and we have a public discourse teaching us about a subject in the Bible. If you have a Bible yourself, read Matthew 28:19, 20 where Jesus told us to make disciples and baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. To qualify for baptism you have to first become an unbaptized publisher by regular meeting attendance, participation in field service, ability to answer Bible questions from the heart and having studied with a Witness.

• ?5 years agoReport

Ok if you were a JW you would know we don't believe in the trinity so why on earth would we get baptized under the Trinity.

• I agree with my dear sister Sunshine.

We do speak to people who are not Jehovah's Witnesses , remember we go door to door spreading the Good News of Gods Kingdom to all , we mix with family , friends , work mates just like anyone else .

What day we attend the Kingdom Hall (we do not call it church) depends where you live & the arrangement for the use of the Hall as some halls are shared by several congregations but generally Sunday & once on a week night.

Yes we believe Jesus died for us

Are meeting are informative bible based studies with all in the congregation invited to take part in some parts & other parts we listen to a talk . Always encouraged to follow along with our bibles.

Re baptism I will quote you a scripture & remember Jehovah's Witnesses adhere to the bible.

Matt 28:18-20

18 And Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

Find out more .

Contact your local Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses or go to the official website

http://www.watchtower.org/

• Spurgeon5 years agoReport

you acknowledge the mandate to baptize in the name of Father and of the "Son and of the holy spirit"
      so you avoid this and baptize the the name of "Jehovah" and still claim to be doing the will of Jehovah!! where is your logic?

Hello ^-^

Ok so ill go straight into answering your questions. First ill say I am a Jeohvah's Witness (have been since forever lol) so I can give you definite answers.

For your first question about talking to people that aren't jws, Im not sure what you read exactly but we can talk to people who arent jws. I mean I go to school and I talk and interact with my classmates all the time. However, if someone that is a jw were to be disfellowshipped (meaning they did a very bad sin and chose not to repent therefore leaving the congregation) only then other jws couldn't talk to them because they would then be bad association and we like to keep our fellow brothers and sisters clean from bad association (1 Corinthians 15:33).

Now your second question about what days we attend meetings (as we call them) depends on which ever kingdom hall is near you. Like my meetings are on Tuesdays and Sundays my friend's though are on Thursday and Saturday. So it varies.

Source(s): The answer to your last 3 question will be a link because I don't want to over whelm you with this long answer...so yeah the link ishttp://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/ in that link you'll find your answer under the sub headings 'jesus' and 'God' I have read everyyything in those links and I find the material to be easyly understood and agreeable. I hoped I helped ^-^
  • Ethel

Wow I will do my best to answer. 1: You will find the name of God in psalms 83:18. I would advise you though to look in an older version of the bible, for modern ones have removed it. There are many places where you will find the name Jehovah, but that is the "famous" scripture we point to. 2: I am totally ignorant here, but are you asking about the partaking of the emblems? If so, this is done once a year, as stated in the bible. We call it the memorial of Jesus Christ, which was instituted by Jesus. The difference is that not all partake. 3: Salvation is open to every single human being. Those that wish not to serve our Creator, will die at Armageddon, which means ceasing to exist. He has set out rules on how He wishes to be worshipped, so we have that chance of getting to know and conforming to His Ways. 4: This is based on the Lord's Prayer of: Let your Kingdom come, thy will be done. This is what we preach: the blessing that comes from the Kingdom. So the hall is the place where we learn about God. We also want to separate ourselves from mainstream Christianity who call theirs churches. 5: We are christians, because we believe and follow in Jesus' footsteps. Just because the majority say he is God, does not make him God and certainly does not make them christians! 6: This is not so anymore. Yes, we do have our own translation, but if you compare, you will find that it does not really matter which bible one uses. For example, I teach someone the bible and at first, she refused our bible and stuck to her own, but in the end said that ours was easier to read. 7: This comes from the bible. The watchtower was a place where soldiers would stand by and keep awake to any danger. In like manner, that is what we do - but the enemy is satan. 8: The 144.00 you will find in revelation. With a careful study of the scriptures, this has proven to be the number of people taken from the earth with the heavenly hope. Spiritual Israel. The rapture is a false teaching because Jesus does not come back physically - but spiritually. We will know because of the happenings around us. 9: You will find this thorough the new testament. It is complete logic because our Creator made the earth for humans to inhabit, but if we all go to heaven, what happens to our earth? We are described as the great crown, other sheep. Actually our early hope is mentioned even in the old testament. I believe in Isaiah. The New Testament, was mainly written for the anointed ie the 144.000. 10: We have to get baptised in order to be recognised as Jehovah's Witnesses. We follow Jesus and so it is necessary. What we do not do is infant baptism. 11: Because no where in the bible does Jesus ever say he is God! The holy spirit is God's Active Force, not a person. So therefore: no trinity.

As one of Jehovah's witnesses, I can assure you that we are allowed to speak with all. Jesus told us to extend love to all neighbors. There are many congregations with different meeting schedules. But they all meet twice a week locally, and a few times a years at assemblies. They are most encouraging and spiritually nourishing. You meet so many people who are all so happy. Yes we do accept Jesus as Lord and savior. Yes we do baptize in spirit. you will find that you like it very much.

You can actually get a glimpse of what visiting our place of worship is like online at jw.org. in the About us section

• ?5 years agoReport

quranic literature for muslims with surahs proving its a reminder of the holy scriptures/

If we couldn't speak to people who are not Jehovah's Witnesses, then how come we knock on people's doors to share the good news about God's kingdom? My brothers and sisters have answered your other questions well.

All earnest ones seeking to know our True Creator and Sovereign Ruler of the universe Jehovah! Please visit JW.ORG our official site you will not regret it its so encouraging and you Will find accurate knowledge of the Bible and Gods standards and principles. From Who were are, Who God truly is, Who rules this world, How should we view our future and more! Theirs something encouraging for ALL ages! i love it <3

But everyone can learn a lot about Jehovah God by examining Jesus and how he lived on earth bc studying Who Jesus was and is And going to be leads to knowing his Father and purpose :)