? asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 10 years ago

Boy and girl names - help?

Okay, so I am not 100% sure I am expecting, but still, I would like to pick out some names

Here are some names I like:

Girl:

Savanna

Gracelyn

Ariana

Violet

Boy:

Jacob (father's name)

Henry

Jasper

I really love those names, but the problem is, I feel like I should go with spanish names. I come from spanish heratige, my parents' names are Maria and Roberto, mine is Rosa, and my twins are Alejandro and Estella. I think the baby would feel left out if they didn't have a spanish name, because the rest of the family does. But, I love these names so much. What do you think? Spanish or not? And do you like these names?

Grannie Smith -

I am not trying to force religion on my child, which is impossible, seeing as I am not religous.

Best Answer

I would probably choose a Spanish name with a middle name from your list. Carlos Jacob maybe? For the girl perhaps Adela Grace? You mentioned that you like Arianna, Adriana is quite similar, but of Spanish origin. You could name her Adriana Violet?

• renner

I know what you mean, I feel like I myself should go with Hebrew names (when I have kids) since I'm from Israel and my family all speaks Hebrew... So my advice is to compromise- first, make sure to pick a name that you love! Don't pick something you don't like just so it fits in some kind of category that you think it should fit. Either find a Spanish name that you like (there are many quite gorgeous ones), and/or a Spanish middle name, and make sure the name you pick is at least pronounceable in Spanish. One of my favorite Spanish names for girls is Luciana, it's so pretty! And I also love the name Katiana, which isn't a Spanish name but I have a friend from Cuba named Katiana (Katia) and I think it's beautiful (like Tatiana but with a 'k').

Out of the names you wrote, my favorite for the girls is Savanna, and for the boys, Jasper. Jacob as a middle name would be perfect as it honors your dad (not Jasper Jacob though, that doesn't flow too well), and I also like Ariana and Violet for the girls.

Hope that helps!

I love Ariana and Jasper! I don't think your child would feel left out! And don't listen to that girl about the religion thing. Just because you name your kid something doesn't mean you are forcing religion on them!!

if you want to go with a spanish name for the new baby, then that is up to you, but i don't think that the baby would feel left out-not with gorgeous names like ariana, jasper, and savanna.

• bynd

I incredibly love all of those names on boys extra! aside from Brooke. i think of boy names on females is incredibly cheesy and unattractive, and it makes issues truly confusing once you're conversing approximately somebody and could't tell in the event that they're a baby. I recommend between the main purposes for a recognition is to be waiting to tell someones gender... Plus females are taking each and all of the candy boy names and now it incredibly is such as you may no longer call your son some thing that may not "Mr. super Butch McTestosterone" sounding. As for the surnames like McKenzie and Addison, those ought to easily stay surnames... i do unlike them on the two gender. Edit: i think of it may be embarrassing to three to fulfill somebody of the alternative intercourse with their call, i understand some females who do no longer care, and then there is my acquaintances Logan and Morgan who're the two females and get truly aggravated by way of it and Logan gets "butch" jokes lots from human beings because of the fact she looks very tomboyish and you recognize all and sundry is in simple terms @sses each and every now and then, so each and every now and then bullying could be a venture too this is yet another excuse i do no longer like it. and that i think undesirable for boys with names that are commencing up for use on females because of the fact now they are getting picked on by way of youngsters that don't understand extra advantageous too.

geez, i hate for the baby to be left out. no violet and jasper

give the baby a spanish first name but go by the middle name

I quite love all of those names on boys greater! apart from Brooke. i think of boy names on women is quite cheesy and unattractive, and it makes issues extremely puzzling once you're talking approximately somebody and can't tell in the event that they seem to be a toddler. I recommend between the considerable purposes for a popularity is to have the skill to tell someones gender... Plus women are taking each and all the candy boy names and now that is such as you could not call your son some thing that's not "Mr. super Butch McTestosterone" sounding. As for the surnames like McKenzie and Addison, those ought to easily stay surnames... i do in comparison to them on the two gender. Edit: i think of it may be embarrassing to 3 to fulfill somebody of the different intercourse with their call, i be attentive to 3 women who do not care, and then there is my acquaintances Logan and Morgan who're the two women and get extremely aggravated by utilising it and Logan gets "butch" jokes plenty from human beings because of the fact she seems very tomboyish and you be attentive to individuals are purely @sses each so often, so each so often bullying may be a undertaking too this is yet another excuse i don't like it. and that i think undesirable for boys with names that are growing to be used on women because of the fact now they are getting picked on by utilising teenagers that don't be attentive to greater acceptable too.

Girl: Ariana Maria. You fave name and your mom's name. She'll feel loved. :P

Boy: Adriel James. The boy names are good, but I suggest this.

Hope I helped!

• Kayla

Gracelyn is really pretty, dump the other names though, if you want. Caroline is a spanish name.

Boy:

Liam

Blake

Noah

Bentley

Antonio

Wyette

Diego

Nicolas

Lalo

Manolo

Manuel

Nina

Liliana

Gabriela

Kristina

Consuela

Girls:

Leah

Molly

Lilly

Alyssa

Aaliyah

Alize

Lola