odd honda cx 500 motor bike?

iv got one and am looking to sell it but its chain drive iv look on ebay and its bigger then most of them and looks nothing like them help? sorry no pics

Update:

note most honda cx500 are shaft drive

it a s reg (1977)

Update 2:

thank for all the help reason is iv only got a side plate to go off

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Honda CX-500 was introduced into the U.K. in 1978 (so your 'S' reg would be one of the first).

The entire CX range, from the Japanese market CX-400 right up to the CX-650 Turbo, were shaft-drive without exception. None of the CX range (or GL touring variants) ever left the Honda factory with chain final drive. So, there are a couple of possibilities:

1) The bike you have has been converted to chain drive, sometime in the last 32 years.

2) You have a bike that some-one has built, using a CX-500 engine, with chain-drive transmission.

However, it is worth noting that the very earliest prototypes for the CX-500 were chain-drive (see link below). None of those would have been sold to the public, though.

• 10 years ago

Oh, that is quite bizzare...Please post a pic or two somewhere, and i can help more...

I have seen the motor turned sideways in a custom chasis. And no, they look nothing like the stock bikes. All the stock bikes have are shafties, they never put a chain drive into production.

So just to follow up, you got me interested enough to have a browse on the net, turns out they made a race bike for Freddie Spencer called a NS750. This is a new one on me!

Beyond that, i know nothing about it except what i read....

Cheers

• 10 years ago

part it out, a good stator on a cx is worth than the whole bike. Look up the cx forum and post it on there.

• 10 years ago

Is this a wind up??? Do I smell a troll lurking? The CX, in 500, 650, & god help us, turbo versions, was always a shafty.

Source(s): 30+ years of riding, & a mate who is membership sec of the CX Club UK.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Dan
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Is this the Turbo model in a street racer trim?

Most were standards, cruisers and few touring Silver Wings (small Gold Wings)

• 10 years ago

all CX500 are shaft drive

• 10 years ago

then you aint got a cx!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.