Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in TravelUnited StatesNew York City · 1 decade ago

can a level 3 sex offenders from new york travel outside the united states?

can a new york state level 3 sex offender travel outside of the united states? ffor example the dominican republic?

4 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    I seriously doubt that any country you would travel to (which does not require a visa for U.S. citizens) would have any way of knowing about your background, so that shouldn't be an issue. The Dominican Republic does not require a visa for stays for up to 30 days.

    The question is whether you have a current, valid US passport to use for travel, and whether you would potentially be violating any parole conditions, etc., imposed by state law, if you leave New York.

    In general, the US is one of relatively few countries that makes no attempt to control who is LEAVING the country, only those who are coming in (and we all know that that effort isn't particularly effective either).

  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    You will need to apply that country's embassy for a visa. However, I suggest you do not buy tickets until you get indication you will be approved for a visa. You will need a visa even for countries that normally do not require a visa.

    However, it is likely that you will never be allowed to enter any other country. Any sort of felony or sex offense pretty well means that you will never be allowed to travel internationally.

  • 1 decade ago

    I know an offender who got deported so it should not be a problem.

    Not sure to what country but if they return, they will face jail time.

  • Joe888
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

    No one wants you. Stay where you are freak.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.