i have a couple of chips on my white dean guitar ... is there any good way to fix that?

Favorite Answer

Since your guitar is white, I'd recommend using nail polish to fix the chips. You can get a bottle of cheap white nail polish for about $1.50 at Wal-Mart. Be sure to shake the bottle for a minute or so before applying the polish to the chips, since nail polish tends to settle. The manufacturers put ball bearings inside the bottles so the polish can be returned to the proper consistency before application. Once you've shaken the bottle, the polish will flow nicely off the brush and the finish will be shiny, like that of your guitar's lacquer. I've used nail polish to repair chips for years and once it's applied, the chips are pretty much invisible unless you're looking for them.

Source(s): Guitarist, guitar builder.

I paint cars and guitars are painted with the same (similar) paint. Cheap way, nail polish or go to auto zone and get a scratch pen. After you fill the chip, use some rubbing or polishing compound on it to blend it in. Expensive way, take it to a professional and get it repainted. If you are going to do that though you might as well get it customized with some cool *** graphics. Hope that helps.

You could also do what I do, and let your guitar wear them proudly like a badge of honor.

Go to where you bought it and ask. Not enough info.