Do People really consider Taylor Swift to be the voice of this generation?

In this article her her label actually had the nerve to say that she was. What do you guys think? Do you consider her to be the voice of this generation?

http://www.comcast.net/articles/music/20100204/US....

Update:

@Nathanael I think the youth itself is the voice of this generation,it shouldn't be a celebrity,we have the voice and the power to speak to people just as much as a celebrity doe's in a sense.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Me
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Oh god i really hope not. Just because she is popular doesn't mean she is that great. I personally think her music is crap and in interviews she sounds like a *****. All of her songs are about a guy and pretty soon people are going to get tired of that is she can't think of anything else to sing about. I don't think she will have a long career, hopefully.

• 1 decade ago

I don't think so. Taylor Swift may be a "good" singer but I don't think she will be the voice of this generation.

Source(s): Create a poll about this, it sounds very interesting: http://www.ivotepolls.com
  • 1 decade ago

Ugh. I hope not. She is definetly NOT the voice for my generation. Lmao. But that was her label saying that, they're probably just trying to [shamelessly] promote her :l

• 1 decade ago

In some concerts she sounds well but in some concerts she does sound bad. SHe may write good songs but I wouldn't consider the best singer of the generation.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I think shes okay but deffo not the voice of this generation

• 1 decade ago

Going by shear voice I would say she is. When you consider the overall culture, she is probably a voice, but not THE Voice. But who would you say that would be?

• shabo
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I hope not!

She's cute but definitly does not have the voice of the generation!

• i wouldn't call her the "voice of the generation". the thing that's good about her though is that she's really good with communicating with her fans.

• 1 decade ago

nope deffo not, i havent really ever listend to her music, the only time ive really played her songs was when i borrowed my sisters ipod months ago!

• 1 decade ago

No! She is a mediocre singer, not that good. She isn't terrible but not really good.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.